GoToMyPC gives you the freedom to go anywhere you choose and connect right to your Mac or PC. To use this free app, you must first have a GoToMyPC subscription.
“If you want to access your computer remotely, this app is your best bet.” – LAPTOP Magazine
“GoToMyPC is definitely a hit in the business world. It's simple, clean, and gets to the point.” – HotHardware
GETTING STARTED IS EASY
1) Download the GoToMyPC app from the App Store.
2) Make sure you have GoToMyPC installed on the Mac or PC you want to access.
3) Tap the GoToMyPC app from your iPad or iPhone to access your computer.
Your computer is always just a few taps away. GoToMyPC is…
• Use your computer wherever you take your iPad or iPhone – meaning everywhere.
• Instantly access any application or file on your Mac or PC.
• GoToMyPC is famous for its reliability and free 24/7 Global Customer Support.
• Instant access to all your files, programs and network
• Works seamlessly with your existing firewalls – no need for special configuration
• Precision mouse control so it’s easy to tap the details
• 300% zoom to see details and work without straining your eyes
• Full keyboard functionality, including special keys like Alt, Ctrl and Tab
• Fast, auto-corrected typing with the Preview Text feature
• Copy and paste between your computer and apps on your phone
• Hear sound coming from the computer you are accessing (PC only)
• Multitasking capability
• Keyboard Locking and Screen Blanking on the computer you access (PC only)
• Multi-monitor support
• 128-bit AES encryption, dual passwords and end-to-end user authentication
• Connects over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
• Bluetooth keyboard support
NOTE: To use this free application, you must first have a GoToMyPC subscription on the computer(s) you want to access.
Added multi-factor authentication before establishing remote session.
Minor bug fixes and UI improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good but needs more options & to be optimized
Overall this works well but it’s all rather cramped on my 10.2 in iPad . It does work with 3rd party mouse and my keyboard case but the screen needs to be better optimized. I don’t need so much stuff on the screen at one time. I don’t need keyboard or keyboard short cuts on the screen at all times. Just give me some ways to hide operating stuff as I need it. Mouse support works but I don’t need this huge mouse icon on screen all the time. Overall it does work and it works well but it should be better. If I am in a pinch I can use my iPad to work from home but I much rather be on my iMac because that version looks and operates cleaner .
Does Not Work Well With iPad Pro Magic Keyboard w/Trackpad
This app is a bit sketchy when running on the iPad Pro with the recent Apple magic keyboard (the one that includes the trackpad). It does not recognize the trackpad very well within the emulated session and when it does, it often takes many clicks and is not very precise. In addition, the app often crashes when I turn on the keyboard in the app. My first thought is why do I need the onscreen keyboard? I have a case and trackpad right in front of me. However, the app will not always recognize the keyboard and needs to have the emulated keyboard running as well, that is if you can activate it without the crash of the app.
I have found the above behavior with a Windows 10 host as well as a Mac OS Catalina host. I have not tried the app with another PC or mac as the remote connection so I cannot speak to that. However, I purchased the service for two machines ($80ish per month) with the hope of using the iPad and to operate the Windows and Mac machines without having to lug them with me. As it is right now, I am spending more time fighting issues than using the machines.
I did open a ticket on this and the agent said yes, it appears to be an issue with the Magic Keyboard w/Trackpad. He was going to escalate it and get back to me. But, no surprise, no one got back to me.
I am at the point of cancelling the GoToMyPC service and looking for a VDI host instead.
Reliable peace of mind
Versions of windows come and go. Connections between them become obsolete. Programs run in one version but not another.
Gotomypc endureth forever. Connections endure even with different operating systems. I can use my computer as if it was an app on my phone.
I hate to think what life would be without it. So many years now. So much convenience and peace of mind.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LogMeIn, Inc.
- 25.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 LogMeIn, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.