In this award-winning board game for two, quilting has never been more competitive! In the long-awaited digital adaptation of Uwe Rosenberg's Patchwork, players patch their way to victory using fabric pieces of assorted sizes, colors, and buttons. The best quilt is the fullest, and whoever can patch up their quilt the most and collect more buttons wins the game – but be resourceful and plan every stitch! Keep an eye on the costs and the time it takes to stitch a patch to be the best patchwork master. Play against quilters from around the world on multiple platforms and compete for the highest rank. Face computer opponents, or stick to a local game with a friend. Patch your way to the top in Patchwork!
"Uwe Rosenberg’s Patchwork may not be quite as famous a board game as Monopoly or Cluedo, but on the evidence of its official mobile game, it’s very fun." - The Guardian
"... if you don't even give this game a chance, you are going to miss out on something great. " - Altered Confusion
"A super fun easy to learn, yet strategic game" ... "a must-have for anyone who enjoys digital board games." appaddict.net
"...perfect for on-the-go play." - Pockettactics
"It’s perfect for long sessions with families, parties, road trips, offline and online quick play, you name it." - Pocketmeta
"Patchwork delivers a replayable experience that weaves a great theme with solid mechanics." - toucharcade
"Who knew making a patchwork quilt would be so cut throat." - Glitchfreegaming
"...[Ich kann] daher auf jeden Fall eine Empfehlung für diese tolle digitale Umsetzung des Brettspiels geben." - appgefahren
"The strategy can get complex in Patchwork The Game." - FamilyFriendlyGaming
"Patchwork: The Game pieces together the right elements for an enjoyable digital board game that is well worth picking up." Apple 'n' Apps
"Look, if you like Patchwork and have a mobile phone, get Patchwork The Game." - whatsericplaying
"Today another awesome board game that has been digitized for [us] mobile users. " - appreviewcentral
"Quit what you’re doing and start QUILTING!" - ungeek.ph
- True digital conversion of the award-winning board game Patchwork by Uwe Rosenberg
- Consider every stitch you make in this deceivingly simple game
- Worldwide cross-platform multiplayer
- Easy interactive tutorial
- Analyze your best games or even learn tricks from the pros with Playback
- Customize your app interface with an ever increasing number of backgrounds and colorful patterns
- Challenge the AI in easy, medium, or hard mode
All purchases inside the app are purely cosmetic and do not influence the gameplay in any way.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Compatibility to Cottage Garden added
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant game, excellent adaptation (with a few hiccups)
This game is deceptively elegant. Almost no chance involved, and no private information, means that your strategy can continue to evolve and level-up for a surprising amount of time.
The app itself is good, albeit with a few nitpicks.
•When replaying your opponent’s moves, their score for their whole turn(s) is added on the screen during the placement of their first piece, instead of incrementally during the placement of each piece. This is a small thing, but it has continued to annoy me because, 50 plays later, I’ve glanced at their score as the actions on-screen direct me there, and mentally updated their score, and then realized later I’d miscalculated because of the unintuitive order of operations.
•Occasionally the place market glitches and its impossible to tell which pieces you can select from, or it won’t even allow a (valid) selection, and you have to kill and restart the app.
•Occasionally I won’t receive notifications that it’s my turn.
Nevertheless, the app is well worth the cost in terms of quality and replayability.
Fun but lacks instructions
The game seem fun even though I am still not sure how to play (after completing the tutorial three or four times). I clicked on everything in the app but couldn't find the rules; rules might be a nice thing to have in a board game app.
Some things that aren't clear:
- I don't know when I'll get buttons to spend or why I'll get x number of buttons in a given turn. I'm always surprised when I don't have any buttons at the start of a turn.
- Buttons get dropped into and removed from a piggy bank, not sure why a specific amount goes in or out.
- There are three numbers at the bottom of the screen for each player. The left-most number is the number of empty squares, that much I've figured out. The other two (including one that's a negative number) I've no idea about. Clicking on the numbers doesn't bring up any sort of explanation.
The tutorial is very light, some concepts are skipped or glossed over. Since this is a board game the rules are already written down, they just need to be adapted to the app.
The game would be more fun if I knew what was going on. Ticket to Ride is a great app/board game and game play is clearly explained in the app, if you need an example of how to explain a game.
Developer Response ,
you get buttons every time your marker goes over a button space on the timeline. The amount you get depends on the number of buttons on your blanket.
Regarding the numbers: Holes, 7x7 bonus and current score (holes + buttons). Every hole costs you 2.
It is however explained in the Tutorial (step 15/20). Cheers
I randomly found out about this game and love it. It’s honestly just a relaxing game. I admit I had to do the tutorial twice. It’s not really all that difficult to understand there are just quite a few moving parts to the game and I couldn’t figure out what the medium level Ai always had so many buttons!
The developer, Asmodee Digital, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Asmodee Digital
- 120.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Digital game published by Asmodee Digital, developed by Digidiced and created by Lookout Games
- In-App Purchases
- Space $0.99
- Kawaii $0.99
- Prehistoric $0.99
- Pirates $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.