Gboard is the keyboard from Google for your iPhone, packed with features to make typing effortless. On top of GIFs, emoji search, and Glide Typing, the power of Google is at your fingertips with Google Search built in. Forget switching from app to app – just search and send, all from one place.
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Stickers - Create or share stickers to express yourself
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
Gboard for iPhone and iPad supports the following languages:
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Portuguese ( Portugal)
• Simplified Chinese
• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
• Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
In this version we have:
• Bug fixes and improvements for Themes and Translate
In case you missed some of our recent features, here's what Gboard has added in the last few updates:
• Revamped themes: Gboard custom themes are better than ever with many new customization options! Change everything from background color to glide trail thickness. Plus, new beautiful gradient themes for you to pick from!
• Your minis: Stickers based on you. Create and customize minis inspired by your photos, and share them in any app.
• You can now type in multiple languages without having to change the language! Just add the languages you want via the Gboard app then start typing or swiping!
*Not all languages are supported.
• Improved voice typing experience.
• Language support for Thai, Khmer, Lao and Mongolian.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Keyboard Ever
First off! Gboard is like a smart phone for your keyboard! Right there in the keyboard while texting you can do a Google search, emoji search, and gif search. You can slide your finger on the space bar to move your cursor around to edit already typed text. You can tap and hold to type numbers without having to switch to the alt keyboard. You can personalize the background with premade themes/colors or you can make your own by choosing your own photo. I'm also loving the new customizing options! Changing the color of the swiping line, the buttons, the letters, even the sparkle option is cool! I hope they add more options for those! Seriously love this keyboard!! 💖💖💖💖
I do agree with another reviewer. The autocorrecting/predictive text isn't as accurate as it used to be. I mean I wouldn't even know how to spell a word but it's like Google could read my mind and knew exactly the word I meant. But now I have to go back and fix a lot more words than I used to and it's stuff that doesn't even make sense to the sentence. But I'm hoping some future updates will fix that because it really is the best keyboard!!
Overall pretty good
The utility of the keyboard is great, the autocorrect and suggestions work well most of the time. One thing I dislike about the keyboard is that the space bar's touch-zone is maybe too small. Every time I think I'm hitting the top of the spacebar, I'm actually touching the bottom of the "B" key. The keyboard's correction fixes this most of the time, but it is annoying. Another thing is that when using the microphone integration using the spacebar-hold, it almost always has to switch over to the Gboard app before it can activate the microphone. I understand that it's likely a limitation with Apple's keyboard integration, but it is definitely another thing that holds it back. Also, something that I noticed while typing this review is that while using the Gboard, the text box does not automatically scroll to keep the cursor above the keyboard while typing, so that’s another annoyance. I will say, though, that the swipe typing is probably the best I’ve seen as far as text recognition. However, swipe typing keeps it from doing one of the things I like most in the default keyboard, and that is if you hit the wrong key, you can move your finger over to the correct key, and it will register that instead.
Overall, it’s decent, but some of the minor issues really do keep me from using it most of the time. Sometimes, convenience is more important than utility.
This works very well on my I-phone!! It's much better (and faster!) than my previous 1-finger method of typing! I was absolutely devastated when I accidentally lost the keyboard for a few days, but finally figured out how to get it back & was very relieved!!
It took me awhile to figure out that you don't have to space between words (in most cases) - the keyboard automatically does it for you. Sometimes you don't have to put in the entire word. Just start the word, & the keyboard will automatically finish it for you.
It IS a good idea to get used to reading as you type, though, or you may end up with "feel" instead of "fell" (or vice versa). Double letters sometimes cause problems. The keyboard usually gives you 2 or 3 choices of words if it puts in the wrong word.
The more you use this keyboard, the better you'll be at using it, & the more of a fan you'll be!!
Have FUN with this keyboard!
- Google LLC
- 107.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.