Make transit trips in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area as mobile as you are with the official Metro Transit app. Now you can plan your trip, see departure information for bus and trains, and buy transit tickets all on the go! Just download the free app, create an account with your method of payment, and get moving.
The Metro Transit app is a tool to make riding the bus, METRO system and Northstar in Twin Cities a little bit easier. After you’ve identified your desired trip and transit departure time, you can buy and use Metro mobile tickets right from your smartphone -- it’s like having a Metro vending machine right in your pocket!
Find the right bus, light rail, or train for you through the Trip Planner
See the next available bus, light rail, or train for your desired trip with Next Trip
Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders, and store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
Simply create an account and enter your credit/debit card information in our secure system.
If looking to pay with cash, you can use a pre-paid debit card or use the PayPal Cash Card.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. SELECT SERVICE: Northstar, Bus/METRO
2. SELECT RIDER TYPE: Adult, Youth/Senior/Medicare, Mobility, Family
3. SELECT: Station for Northstar or time based fare for Bus/METRO
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use later. (A $4.50 minimum purchase is required.)
4. CHECKOUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or PayPal
Do I need to be connected?
An internet connection is required create an account, sign-in and purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the Metro Transit app or erase your phone without transferring your unused tickets first. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without an internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Activate your ticket when you see your bus or train approaching. Your ticket must be activated before boarding a vehicle.
• Watch your battery level... Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
We've redesigned the Metro Transit mobile app to provide a faster, easier experience.
Ticket information: More details on which tickets are valid for what times.
Payment history and re-purchasing: Tickets are easier to find and activate within the ticket hub. From this screen, you can also repurchase a previous ticket by selecting Buy Again.
Ticket retrieval: You no longer need to proactively move your tickets from an old device to new one, or call support if you've lost or upgraded your phone. Retrieve your tickets with a few taps.
Increased security: Optional Fingerprint and Face authentication/password verification.
More payment options: Now with Apple Pay
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs more time to bake
This app isn’t 100% complete. At least I hope not. Being on jury duty this week, I’ve found myself riding the bus to the courthouse. There are a few things I’ve come across that leave me wondering who pressed ‘submit’ and put this thing on the App Store.
- You need to be able to save favorite locations! This is fundamental for a user who will almost always go home using Metro Transit. Going further, I don’t think it’s too much to ask to integrate locations from the users contact list.
- Just list what the fare is on the trip planner section. You can’t even go back and look to check or you’ll reset everything.
- Add a back button!
- Integrate bus arrival time into trip planner instead of making users leave your app and go to their message app to check. Not that hard to check but it’d be so much easier just to see which route will be getting to a stop first! The arrival data from the boards at stops and the text feature has to come from somewhere. Why not just put it in app?
I’d rather use an app over digging through bookmarks to get to the website. I really want to like and use this app. I hope my suggestions are considered for release in the future.
Beware! Purchase only on device you will use when riding!
I downloaded the app and purchased State Fair Express tickets (only time we use Metro Transit) while working on my iPad. When I went to my phone later, installed the app, and logged in, my tickets were not there. They are only available on the device from which you made your purchase. Since I’m certainly not going to carry my iPad around the fair, I’m out $10 because I had to purchase tickets again on my phone. Also, don’t be proactive and activate your State Fair Express tickets the evening before you go. Once activated, they expire at 2:00 a.m. Could really use better instructions for using the app. I liked it much better when you could order without an app and have the tickets sent to your phone in advance.
Use web browser instead
This app is clunky and looks like parts of the web page were just exported for a quick project to say they “have an app!” Can’t click BACK from any screen which means if I want to change any part of my search I have to start from scratch. Having to go to a collapsible menu for everything is really annoying! And the map is not interactive, meaning if it shows me which buses serve a stop I can’t select one to see that schedule. Also the “find me” doesn’t always work even when I have all the permissions and settings correct on my phone. Also, I can’t save my routes or stops for easy access later so I again I have to start from scratch every single time. Super annoying!!
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.