CNBC brings the world of Wall Street to you with breaking news alerts, watchlists, global market data, CNBC TV and Live audio. Access the power of CNBC to get the latest business, tech, finance news and more!
Below are some of the latest features added for you:
- Daily Live TV Free Preview – Watch a daily free preview of CNBC's live TV stream
- Personalized News Alerts – Choose alerts by category: Technology, Economy and more
- Customizable News Section – Create your own customized news feed by selecting your favorite topics, and save stories for later
- "For You" News – Personalized recommendations based on your interests
- Quotes – More powerful interactive charts and quote data
- More Watchlists – Add up to 100 watchlists, each with up to 100 quotes
- iPad Multitasking with Picture in Picture - Watch CNBC TV while browsing other apps
- Enhanced Search – Search for companies and add them to your watchlist, or view news - all in one screen
- Podcasts & Live Audio, with CarPlay - Listen to CNBC podcasts and live audio, in the app and in the car with CarPlay
CNBC lets you view pre-market and after-hours trading data, including charts with customizable time frames, indicators and styles.
Financial News & More
- Free U.S. live stream previews daily to stay informed on stock news and updates
- Live stream news with CNBC TV for up-to-the-minute market information while you’re on the go
- Watch CNBC anytime by streaming full show episodes (U.S. only) and video clips on demand
- Listen to podcasts while browsing news and stock information or while in your CarPlay supported car
Market & Business News Coverage
Get all the news you need in one app with CNBC, including:
- 24-hour coverage of global stock markets
- Top business news
- Economic analysis and official advisor opinions
- Personal finance
- And more
Market Insight & Stocks
- Create and track your favorite company stocks in real-time with custom watchlists
- Real-time stock quotes, interactive charts and customizable time frames help you make smart
- View pre-market and after-hours trading data
- Monitor Cryptocurrencies 24/7
Customized Finance Data & Alerts
- Create customized alerts by category to keep up with the latest market changes
- Edit and customize the news tab to follow topics relevant to your interests
- Customize watchlists for the stocks you follow and sync them across all iOS devices
- Text size adjustments
Download the CNBC app for up-to-the-minute news and insight today.
CNBC PRO - Start your 7-day free trial today!
- Subscribe to CNBC PRO to unlock even more content
- Monitor live global coverage in various markets
- Learn from advisers and experts who do it best
- Uncover big data trends and opportunities
- Watch by streaming live TV or full show episodes on demand (U.S. only)
- Watch our daytime shows: “Squawk Box,” “Mad Money,” “Closing Bell,” “Halftime Report,” “Power Lunch,” “Fast Money”
CNBC Pro Prices:
$299.99 annually + 7-day free trial
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew through iTunes unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. You can manage your CNBC PRO subscription through your iTunes account.
For Market Data Terms of Service, please go to http://www.cnbc.com/market-data-terms-of-service/?%24DEVICE%24=mobile-native
For Do Not Sell My Personal Information, please go to https://www.nbcuniversal.com/privacy/notrtoo?brandA=CNBC&intake=CNBC
~ Trending PRO stories section in news (PRO subscribers only)
~ Redesigned CNBC.com account views
We welcome your feedback about our latest update at email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Newest version broke what didn’t need fixing
This latest app version is a case of changing for the sake of change. The older version was near perfect. This one is very hard to navigate and use.
- This app version makes content so large it doesn’t fit the phone’s screen.
- It lumps watchlist percentage and dollar changes together (killing the separate columns)... which is visually confusing.
- It attempts to group content into categories, which are now all over the map, and redundant.
- The market tab was removed from the bottom, which used to be a cool feature, enabling the ability to pull it up or hide it on call. The new app fixes it to the top of the screen in huge font, taking up a third of the screen, with no way to hide it. And it sorts the data differently depending on time of day. Trying to make it intuitive backfires here because you can’t depend on where to find it.
- The watchlist has a bug that resorts the extended hour pricing randomly.
- The old app was great because it simply did what it was supposed to, which is critical when trading is time sensitive. This one wastes valuable seconds as you hunt did info that used to be at your fingertips.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We strive to listen carefully to our customers and feedback like yours helps us to continuously improve our products and services. We will make sure that your thoughts are shared with the mobile apps team. Thanks again!
Poor video streaming experience
I’ve used the CNBC iPad app for about a year in the mornings to stay updated on the markets and watch the news while I get ready or go through morning routines. There is rarely a morning where I don’t spend ~5+ minutes resetting the app or re-launching the video. 1) Anytime there is a commercial, the application loses the broadcast and video stops, resulting in permanent loss of playback until the app is exited and re-launched. 2) Picture in picture is even worse, loses playback once about every 15 or 20 minutes. 3) The app cannot keep track of my TV provider credentials. It will show me logged in, then only play 10min of preview content, then ask me to login again. After a (pull down) refresh on the watch tab, the credentials are back magically but it takes -minutes- to resume playback.
-When it works- the app is overall great, but CNBC developers have a long way to go for a consistent experience with video. Happy to run betas or participate in bug reporting program as I have some experience with iOS apps several years back.
Irritating alerts, irrelevant redundant stories
Even with “Major Breaking News” as the only alert it includes topics that are NOT. On a Saturday I have now received 2 alerts about Epstein committing suicide in jail. To me, this is not “Major Breaking News” and certainly not worth 2 alerts on a weekend. They do the same thing to announce tweets by various people as well as other items that are not major. They really need another classification for these that can be disabled.
It would be nice to be able to configure an alert if an index moved a certain %.
Is there a way to receive an alert on a stock in a watch list?
As other reviews have pointed out, the same story will also be duplicated throughout various sections. They really need to filter out the dupes.
It would also be great to have the option to disable the images both in the story preview list and the article itself (sorry Getty, but the stock photos of traders either shouting or pouting are just pointless).
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to listen carefully to our audience, and feedback like yours help us continuously improve our service and products. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any additional comments or questions by going to Settings -> Contact Us in your app.
- NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- 99.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 CNBC LLC. All Rights Reserved. A Division of NBCUniversal.
- In-App Purchases
- PRO Membership Monthly $29.99
- CNBC PRO Membership Annual $299.99
- CNBC Pro Membership Annual $299.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.