Say hello to our redesigned United app.
With our everchanging environment and the need more than ever to empower our customers with more ability to self-serve and stay informed, we’ve worked to enhance our United app to deliver information more consistently, timelier and easier than before for all users – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- Our redesigned app will now deliver information you need more consistently than ever before with improved navigation for a more seamless experience. The design updates also serve as a complement to our enhanced accessibility support for screen readers.
- During your trip, our app home screen gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information, for all users whether you’re signed in or not. When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you and stay up to date on your flight status through our push notifications delivered directly to your inbox.
Manage your MileagePlus® account
- Enroll in MileagePlus and check out our newly envisioned “My account” experience. You can also earn miles with MileagePlus programs and use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money, award miles or even your electronic travel certificates.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app, all through the “My trips” section.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
- Message our contact center directly through the Contact Us section in the app.
We’re continuing to improve and innovate to provide more opportunities to self-serve and stay informed. In this release:
• Customers can use the “Travel-Ready Center” to schedule a COVID-19 test through TrustAssure and become travel-ready without needing to manually upload test results. We’ve also added additional entry points on the home screen and in the More menu to provide easy access.
• If an itinerary is impacted by a schedule change, customers will be able to view options and self-serve.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I know you get complaints all the time. My only complaint is is that last September, I was told that I had one bag to be checked for free and the other I had to pay for. Upon arriving at the airport, I had to pay for both bags. Both ways. I was not happy.
The other was when I had to rebook my flight in early January, the gentleman made an honest mistake and booked me for the wrong day that we discussed. When I called back and got another agent to help me, they were kind of short with me and said that this would be the last time that they would help me and that I would be charged the next time. My flight was canceled. It wasn’t my fault, and I was calling to arrange the different flight. I just didn’t like being told that this would be the last time that they would help me for free. My flight was canceled and the gentleman that helped me before made an honest mistake. Other than that, I know I have a credit for United. I would love to have one of my suitcases that I had to pay for used as a credit. ($70). I believe right now I have a credit of $319 or $326 something in that range. I will be booking with United as I always do and I love it.
I bought a round trip ticket to Guadalajara from 09/03 to 09/13 I had to change the first flight to sep 2nd I had no problem since it included free cancellations so I just paid a penny I did it online and it never mentioned Anything about the flight from 09/13 so I went to Mx with no problems it was my first time traveling with United and I was pleased at the time; and then as expected I went to the airport on 09/13 for my surprise they told me I had no flight reserved with them The only thing they had was my luggage (like it was going to flight by itself) I reserved with Expedia so they called them and supposedly Expedia told them I canceled my flight (not true) so united recommended me to buy another ticket So I could come on the same flight and then Claim that money to Expedia so I did I bought another ticket in the airport cause I needed to be in Chicago that day and then here I called Expedia they told me they did paid it to United which At the airport United told me they didn't received the money which is a lie too because expedía also talked to United when I was complaining to them and United told them they did received the payment so united told me to submit a refund request online and I did and it was denied cause I did flight but they received payment for my flight twice and I paid in the airport for a flight that I had already paid for. Last time I travel with United For sure, they did nothing to help
An awesome time saver!
Access to my ‘ticket’ and flight information is so quickly is awesome! Wow, I remember having to go down to a ticket office(30 min) and spend an hour having someone else tell what they thought my flight options were (60min) and then having to print a ticket and keep up with it(never) and then strategically place the ticket where I can present it to 4 different people so I can make it through the airport including checking in for flight (60min+) then security, gate agent, and flight attendant all while stopping to check the board for which gate (15min) and any updates and heaven forbid I have a connecting flight and another flight coupon! Only complaint is I seem to have to closedown the app to get it to update added reservations - even if I made the reservation with the app. But maybe that is because I have gotten so used to having the information right away! It actually seems like the app, through notifications, gets the updated flight information quicker than the gate agents and flight crews! Makes me feel like a seasoned traveler - Well Done! Keep those updates coming.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United Air Lines
- 460 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 United Airlines Holdings, Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.