Say hello to our redesigned United app.
With our everchanging environment and the need more than ever to empower our customers with more ability to self-serve and stay informed, we’ve worked to enhance our United app to deliver information more consistently, timelier and easier than before for all users – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- Our redesigned app will now deliver information you need more consistently than ever before with improved navigation for a more seamless experience. The design updates also serve as a complement to our enhanced accessibility support for screen readers.
- During your trip, our app home screen gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information, for all users whether you’re signed in or not. When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you and stay up to date on your flight status through our push notifications delivered directly to your inbox.
Manage your MileagePlus® account
- Enroll in MileagePlus and check out our newly envisioned “My account” experience. You can also earn miles with MileagePlus programs and use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money, award miles or even your electronic travel certificates.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app, all through the “My trips” section.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
- Message our contact center directly through the Contact Us section in the app.
We’re continuing to improve our mobile app to help you feel prepared and informed for your upcoming travels. Highlights in this release include:
• The option to connect with an Agent on Demand via video chat, messaging or call starting 24 hours prior to your departure if you’re departing or connecting through select airports
• Major enhancements to the Travel-Ready Center such as the ability to upload your passport, view destination-required documents and much more
Ratings and Reviews
An awesome time saver!
Access to my ‘ticket’ and flight information is so quickly is awesome! Wow, I remember having to go down to a ticket office(30 min) and spend an hour having someone else tell what they thought my flight options were (60min) and then having to print a ticket and keep up with it(never) and then strategically place the ticket where I can present it to 4 different people so I can make it through the airport including checking in for flight (60min+) then security, gate agent, and flight attendant all while stopping to check the board for which gate (15min) and any updates and heaven forbid I have a connecting flight and another flight coupon! Only complaint is I seem to have to closedown the app to get it to update added reservations - even if I made the reservation with the app. But maybe that is because I have gotten so used to having the information right away! It actually seems like the app, through notifications, gets the updated flight information quicker than the gate agents and flight crews! Makes me feel like a seasoned traveler - Well Done! Keep those updates coming.
Just one big annoyance to report
Overall this is a great app. Lots of information at your finger tips. But it’s tries to be “smart” when you display your boarding pass. I keep my screen brightness at 100% all the time. That is what works for me and my vision. When you display your boarding pass the app also brings your brightness to 100% which helps with being able to scan the barcode. The problem is that most of the time, but not all of the time, the app does not return the brightness to where it was, but rather to the level that Apple thinks it should be. So 9 times out of ten, the app dims my screen to the point I can’t see anything clearly. My Delta app doesn’t do that. It leaves my brightness where I set it. If you can read what Apple thinks the brightness should be, you can read what it actually is. And if you can read what it actually is, you can set it back there. Even if in my case, you’d be going from 100% to 100%. This has been a problem for years and I keep thinking it will get fixed. But it doesn’t. I’ve experienced this now with this app across four different iPhones. So it’s not a hardware issue. Otherwise, this app does what it is supposed to: make your experience with United a little smoother. Too bad it makes me go digging in settings to re-brighten my screen almost every time I use it.
I am beyond dissatisfied w the service of united airlines regarding flying w my daughters emotional support animal after tragically losing her finance in a motorcycle accident from a driver running a red light. The department that handles the animals flight was rude and not helpful. They were unable to get all the documents that we sent and we have had to call 8!!!!! Times and the dog unnecessarily had to get a extra rabies vaccine it wasn’t even needing or lapsed. Emails continue to come in saying he isn’t approved to fly this Tuesday. The amount of extra stress and agony the airlines has caused during this horrible time for us is unacceptable. I have flown Delta w the service dog and not had to deal w any issues and they actually talked us through the whole process making sure we were all set. United has been unprofessional and extremely uncaring to the situation and gave no support of the steps needed. Her Dr even sent the airlines the paperwork as well as all of us 8!!!! Times. Do better United. Will not fly w you again which is unfortunate. I would steer anyone who has a service dog need esp for acute anxiety and trauma away from using this airline ! I never leave reviews but need others to know what I’ve had to see my daughter have to deal with so much extra stress because the department isn’t run well or kindly. Wish us luck on Tuesday am as I fly her back w our family to heal and grieve
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United Air Lines
- 485.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 United Airlines Holdings, Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.