From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — The Detroit News app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
AD-FREE SUBSCRIPTION OPTION:
- Subscribe today and experience great storytelling with no ads. Purchase an ad free subscription for $2.99/month with a 2 week free trial.
- Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See 'Subscription Support' in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.detroitnews.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
As always, we're fixing bugs and improving performance!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love the app, hate the update
Thoroughly enjoy using the app and having access to great content. However since the last update I’ve been experiencing an issue. If I’m in the middle of an article and my phone lock screen comes on (e.g. if I don’t touch the screen for a certain amount of time), when I swipe back in the article automatically returns to the beginning/top of the page. Very annoying for longer articles having to go back through and find my place. Please fix!
So much better
To echo some other reviews the News is so much more balanced than the Free Press which I found almost impossible to read- the journalists (if you can call them that) were just about their own personal feelings devoid of any facts - figures since they are a branch of USA TODAY - the News gives a good perspective and analysis. Enjoying the read so far.
Detroit News - great info, lame videos
I enjoy much of what the Detroit News has to offer. Breaking news, local issues, MSU sports and auto news. One thing that is becoming to the level of annoying is the attempted use of video. DN your a news paper - you do that well. While you are likely trying to make your app and site more ‘engaging’ with video -much of it seems to be nothing more than iPhone videos of press Confrence or attempted ‘sports shows’. When I’m checking in I just want the news, read what interests me and then I move on.
- 287.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free Monthly $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.