How it works: Snap a photo of your W-2, answer simple questions about your life, and e-file securely from your iPhone or iPad. Simply swipe your way to your maximum tax refund, guaranteed. TurboTax asks coaches you every step of the way and automatically double-checks as you go, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
Join the millions who file taxes with the TurboTax mobile app – free to file for simple tax returns. No tax knowledge needed.
• NEW: Real CPAs and EAs review your return, live from the app. With TurboTax Live, all advice or reviews from our tax experts are guaranteed, for 100% confidence.
• NEW: Driver's license/ID barcode scan instantly captures your info with your device's camera to get a jump start on your taxes.
• NEW: Import your tax documents from Uber and Lyft
• NEW: Understand the fields on your W-2 using Augmented Reality (AR)
• Start for free - pay only when you file your tax return or pay for TurboTax using your federal tax refund. Fees apply.
• W-2 import – snap a photo of your W-2, verify your data, and we'll automatically put your information into all the right tax forms.
• CompleteCheck™ – Get the greenlight to file when CompleteCheck™ run's an in-depth scan of your return to guide you through any final changes so you don’t miss a thing.
• Live on-screen video help with SmartLook™ - One-on-one help for answers, on demand. Your TurboTax specialist will provide customized answers to your questions and guide you by drawing on your screen. Fees apply.
• Face ID, Touch ID and Passcode - Securely login/pay on your mobile device.
• Fastest tax refund possible with e-file and direct deposit.
• We’ve got you covered for tax reform – when tax laws change, TurboTax changes with them, so you can be sure your tax return includes the latest IRS and state tax forms
• ExplainWhy™ - Understand the "why's" behind your refund, in a tap
• Coverage for any tax situation with our full product lineup: Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, and full TurboTax Live
• Searches 350+ tax deductions and credits to maximize your tax refund; not available in Free Edition and TurboTax Live Basic.
• Uncover industry specific deductions to get every deduction you deserve with TurboTax Self-Employed.
*TurboTax pricing is based on your tax situation and varies by product. Actual prices are determined at the time of print or e-file and are subject to change without notice. Special discount offers may not be valid for mobile in-app purchases.
*TurboTax Free Guarantee – $0 Federal + $0 State + $0 To File offer is available for simple tax returns with TurboTax Free Edition; offer may change or end at any time without notice. A simple tax return is Form 1040 only, with no attached schedules.
*On-screen expert Review by a CPA or EA is available on PC or laptop and when using a web browser on your mobile phone. When using the mobile app, expert review is available through a phone call only; on-screen review not available in the mobile app. Offline review is available on PC or laptop and when using a web browser on your mobile phone; not available in the mobile app.
*100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax CPA, EA, or Tax Attorney made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.
*SmartLook access to a TurboTax specialist is included with Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live; not included in Free Edition (but available as an upgrade). TurboTax specialists are available to provide general customer help and support using the TurboTax product, not tax advice. Service, area of expertise, experience levels, wait times, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice.
To learn how Intuit protects your privacy, visit: https://security.intuit.com/privacy
It's a September to remember. When you open the app with this release, you'll see it load 24% faster!
This release requires iOS 11 or above.
Other new features this tax season:
• Real CPAs and EAs review your return, live from the app. With TurboTax Live, all advice or reviews from our tax experts is guaranteed, for 100% confidence.
• Import your tax documents from Uber/Lyft
• Driver's license/ID barcode scan instantly gets your info with your camera giving you a jump start on your taxes.
• Enhanced security features
• Fresh set of filters to take a celebration selfie when you finish your taxes
• Added the ability to easily re-login with TouchID/FaceID after you've been out of the app for a while
Thanks for using the app!
Any feedback? E-mail us at TTAppFeedback@intuit.com
Ratings and Reviews
It said it was free but I saw it charged me 40$ for federal lol But I don’t care cause it’s free money feel lucky at least the government even give u taxes return. cheap foools and I payed 20$ for a better version so that’s 60$ but i don’t care it seems fine to me rather then just go to a person and be charged 125$ or more plus who knows if they get charged the 40$ from the federal for filling it too from our taxes and apart from that still charge 125$... I filled my taxes with this app and everything seems good they accepted my taxes now I’m just waiting on it to arrive to my checking account 😁 I’ll give it a 5 star when it arrives I’m getting 1300$ who cares if I have to pay 20$ for an upgrade of the app I don’t have to but I did and 40$ for federal I would just consider it as appreciation for making such a easy app to use and so good. I’m a part time worker a student and I feel like I’m getting so much taxes like who cares if they take 40$ out of 1300$ like bruh why y’all so cheap so many people giving bad review just for 40$ that the federal charges.
The rest is up to you if u would like to upgrade to better version and pay more.
At first it was the surprise price but now it’s the help support
Trying to get answers to the prices by using the SmartLook feature they have for the first time. Terrible service. The first time I called the person hung up right away. Second time I got a guy named David, and he only asked for my email and number then hung up at random. I got an email saying that my case number has been closed. TurboTax was acting like my issue was resolved. But it never was. It’s like I only explained the problem to David and he just listened and did nothing. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me. I’ve never experienced this type of Customer Service in a long time. I got hung up on in less than 2 minutes within two calls from the SmartLook feature on TurboTax. A feature that they advertise on TV as a helpful tool. That’s scary if you ask me. Because this thing doesn’t work. TurboTax you should be ashamed of yourself as a company. If this is how your service is I’m doubting you’ll even be bothered to see my honest survey that you had no problem sending me very quickly. But since I see you responding to people on the review app feel free to keep reading because here’s my survey: You didn’t answer my question, the person didn’t have his face shown, he didn’t help me at all or reach out to me after the fact (even though I gave him my number), and no I would not recommend this to my family, friends, employees, heck my worst nightmare.
Developer Response ,
That sounds like an unforgettable experience. This is not what we want any of our customers to face. We definitely appreciate your constructive feedback. Don't worry, we will direct this information to the right channels to address this concern. In the meantime, please contact our Support team on Facebook or Twitter for further assistance.
-TurboTax Care Team
Annoyed, frustrated, disappointed
The last two years I had to have my taxes prepared elsewhere, but for more than a decade before that, I used TurboTax and was always really happy at the ease, convenience, and minimal cost, so I didn’t think twice about returning this year!
TurboTax used to cost $0 to maybe $40 a couple of years ago. Now the service they advertise in this app as “free” cost me $125 total (although they have not presented me with a receipt or a way to verify this as of yet, so who know what it will be down the line!). The worst part is they weren’t open about the charges along the way or remind you of your costs or what certain tools you have to purchase, so if you work on and return to your return, good luck remembering why you’re being charged for anything! They also don’t openly present alternative cheaper methods, they present the option like you don’t have a choice while still advertising FREE (I did not want, need, or choose PREMIUM SERVICES but somehow ended up paying $40 for it), they don’t let you change your mind or adjust your “order”, and I still don’t have a receipt to verify anything, nor is the information present in the app to verify.
Proceed with extreme caution. EXTREMELY disappointed with the cost of TurboTax this year and will think twice about using them in the future.
Developer Response ,
We hear your frustrations. Our team is dedicated to making constant improvements and preventing future challenges. While the price increase may seem like a challenge, upgrading your TurboTax product ensures that our service is better suiting your needs. Our mission is to provide you with the accuracy you deserve for every tax season. We value your data & that is why I ask you to reach out to TurboTax support on Facebook, Twitter or email us here at Social_We_Care@intuit.com regarding your receipt for this purchase.
-TurboTax Care Team
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.