ReadKit is a full-featured read later and RSS client that supports all major provider and it has a built in RSS engine too.
SUPPORTED NEWS READER SERVICES:
• Feed Wrangler
• The Old Reader
• Tiny Tiny RSS
• Built-in RSS
SUPPORTED READ LATER AND BOOKMARKING SERVICES:
• All your reading in one place, multiple account support.
• Universal app: same features and same services are supported on iOS and macOS
• Sync with all major RSS aggregator and read later provider or use it with built-in RSS engine.
• Feed and folder management for RSS services.
• Organize subscriptions / articles into folder / tags.
• Smart folders whose content is automatically updated according to your search criteria.
• Offline reading and image caching.
• Sync in the background.
• Built-in reader mode to extract full content of articles.
• Automatic reader mode.
• Share extension that save articles from Safari and other application for later reading.
• Subscribe to YouTube channels and playlists.
• Customizable user interface.
• Support for light and dark mode and color themes.
• Save content for offline viewing.
• In-app browser for viewing links and other references.
• Preference to display unread items on the app badge.
• Search for articles by content, title or source.
• Full support for hardware keyboard.
• Import and export of feed subscriptions via OPML.
• Mark articles as read on scroll or mark them all by a tap of a button.
• Mark as read above or below from context menu.
• Filter articles by read or starred status.
• Send articles in email.
• Share articles with apps, social media accounts, and other services via share sheet.
ReadKit's core functionality is available for free, completely free — no ads, no data mining. If you like it and want to unlock additional features, you can do so through by subscribing to ReadKit Premium with a single universal purchase. It unlocks all premium features and removes all restrictions on both platforms. In addition to the universal ReadKit Premium, separate lifetime plans are now available for iOS/iPadOS and macOS, and a free trial is also offered.
• Multiple accounts: use it with two or more accounts at the same time. Allows you to save articles from RSS feeds to read-later accounts.
• Unlimited smart folders: more than one smart folder per account.
• Reader mode: displays the full text of article, even if it's not included in the feed source.
• Unlimited feeds: unlocks the limit of 20 feed for the built-in RSS service.
• Manage folders and tags: allows to organize feeds and read-later articles into folders or tags.
• Image cache: caches images from articles for offline reading.
• Themes and app icons: unlocks all themes and allows you to select a custom application icon on iOS.
• Import and export OPML: import and export of feed subscriptions via OPML.
• Upcoming new features: access to all upcoming premium features.
• Support the development: your purchase supports the continued development of ReadKit.
- General improvements in both the database and the network engine.
- Implemented minor optimizations.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Reader App
I love ReadKit. The developer is great and this latest cross-platform version looks better, functions better, and is in every way better than all competing apps, even those from big development teams. Unlike those other apps you will find no ads here and no one is stealing and selling your data. Plus ReadKit works with more apps and platforms than those other companies and more seamlessly. It's hard to make an app this robust feel this simple. The free version is generous and the subscription prices are fair and with all the extra features you get paying a little for something you will use this much is well worth the upgrade. I don’t write a lot of reviews but when you find an app you love this much, you want to share it with others.
The Best Reader App
I love ReadKit. The developer is great and this latest cross-platform version looks better, functions better, and is in every way better than all competing apps, even those from big development teams. Unlike those other apps you will find no ads here and no one is stealing and selling your data. Plus ReadKit works with more apps and platforms than those other companies and more seamlessly. It's hard to make an app this robust feel this simple. The free version is generous and the subscription prices are fair and with all the extra features you get paying a little for something you will use this much is well worth the upgrade.
Lot of potential but not quite ready to replace the alternatives
I tried this app out for the free trial period and overall it has a lot going for it. There is much in the design that is reminiscent of Reeder, but is missing some of the design language that I've grown accustomed to. That alone isn't a deal-breaker, this app should be allowed to succeed on its own merits, but where it really falls short is in the basic expectations of a reader. For one, despite choosing background refresh, this app never picked up updates from my miniflux server. I always had to manually refresh to see what's new in my rss feeds. It also lacks some of the integrations that I would expect for it's read later service like being able to tag links that I share with it. Overall it seems like this app could be something great, but not until some of these major issues are addressed.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Balazs Varkonyi
- 13.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2024 Balazs Varkonyi
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Annual $6.99
- Premium Lifetime Universal $24.99
- Premium Monthly $1.99
- Premium Lifetime iOS $9.99
- Premium Lifetime macOS $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.