Seconds is widely recognized as the best interval timer for HIIT & Tabata training for mobile devices. As well as being featured by Apple, it is recommended by celebrity and personal trainers to their clients all around the globe.
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:
Non-paying users may create as many timers as they wish, but once an interval timer is started it may not be used again. Upgrading to the full version removes this restriction.
INTERVAL TIMER FEATURES:
• Large, full screen, color coded display that is easy to read from a distance. The display works in either landscape or portrait.
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata and circuit training. A custom template to create every interval. And the compound editor where you can combine many interval timers into one.
• Speaks your interval names so that you can follow a workout without seeing the screen at all. Seconds can even provide prior warning of the upcoming interval. Other alerts including beeps and bells are available.
• Coordinate your music with your Tabata workout. Each interval can have its own music assigned allowing you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your HIIT workout.
• Seconds runs in the background allowing you to either have your display off, or use other apps while the HIIT timer is active.
• Export and import. Share the Tabata timers with friends or download them from the web and install them in Seconds.
• Stopwatch that works in landscape and portrait, highlights best and worst lap times and syncs with Apple Watch.
• A quick access countdown timer with 5 preset durations (only first 3 on Apple Watch). Upgraded users may configure their own preset durations. Countdown syncs with Apple Watch.
• Seconds can use Apple Health to: save workouts or mindful sessions, read body measurements and year of birth to calculate calorie expenditure in conjunction with a heart rate monitor.
• Added countdown screen for external displays
• Added custom message for half-way alerts
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of my favorite apps EVER
I know it’s super nerdy to list a timer app as one of my favorites ever, but this app is AMAZING. If there’s a paid version, get it! (I have had mine for so long, I think I was either grandfathered in, or I just ended up buying it when they upgraded it.) A few years ago I started experimenting with apps to help organize my life, and this one is surprisingly versatile. I use it in several ways: to schedule a full day of to-do’s where time management is crucial, for a short list of daunting tasks that are more manageable with time limits (pomodoro style), for multi-step mundane processes (brewing coffee, etc), for exercise intervals, yoga sequences, you name it. As a musician, it helps me organize my practice time. Also, the user interface LOOKS GREAT. It’s simple, but I love all the color coding and customization available. I have several timer apps and organizational apps, and this one is the most robust and customizable for time management. YAY, Seconds! Good job, developers! Thanks for making something so helpful!
Instead of upgrading from free app, do this
For apple users: if you want to be able to share the app with family, do this: don’t upgrade the app in response to the ads. You won’t be able to do family sharing if you upgrade because apple sharing is not available for “in-app purchases”. Instead, purchase the Seconds Pro interval timer from the App Store. That way, the app can be shared with your family.
This is a great app, as many others have described in great detail in prior reviews. I won’t repeat the great features here, read the other reviews. I do a variety of circuit training and HIIT workouts and enjoy making up my own routines. The timer has helped me keep on time, which made my workouts more intense and efficient. I am very happy with this app and would buy it again. As it turns out I will buy it again since I can’t family share the upgrade. My daughter and husband both want the timer.
Excellent timer app
This is an excellent app for anyone who does high intensity interval training during their workouts. Almost every aspect of a timer is customizable. Definitely worth the price to buy a pro license. My only two gripes are that timer beeps can't be selected separately for each part of a timer. You can only set a beep pattern for the timer as a whole. That makes it impossible to know what part of a routine you're on without looking at the phone, which can be distracting. Also, the option to disable music volume "ducking" within the timer settings doesn't work. The volume goes down with every beep pattern except the single long beep, even when it's switched off. Hopefully the devs will fix that soon, but until then, you can achieve the same result by going into the app settings menu and changing the ducking volume slider to full. A wider selection of beep styles would be a plus, but the existing choices get the job done. If none of those issues seem important to you, then chances are, you'll love this app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Runloop Ltd
- 56.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.