Food you love without the wait.
Order ahead from your favorite restaurants. Customize your order, pay in seconds, and pick it up in-store. Toast TakeOut is your VIP access to the best food.
We've added performance enhancements and bug fixes to make your food experience even better.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use
Some of my favorite local restaurants use Toast for their curbside offerings, and it works great! Once I find my restaurants that I want to order from, it’s super easy to use.
I wish it were possible to pin or flag my favorite restaurants so it were easier to find them on the app. The app is location dependent, and I have to enter an old address since these stops are in a different neighborhood than where I live now. Maybe in a future version of the app we will be able to save certain restaurants so they always show up at the top of the app when we log on.
How to Pay?
Decent App. Use it every day, but I have two problems with it:
1) Setting up Payment- there seems to be no way to set up a new payment option (new credit card) without first trying to purchase something. If you go to your personal profile, you can see your payment options, but there’s no way to edit them! What the...? You can delete them, just can’t add or edit. Sooo...you order something, then click payment options, THEN you can add a different card if you want. Not easy in a hands free world when I’m driving to work, approaching my garage and want to quickly place my order before I park and head to the coffee shop. What am I missing???
2) someone recently gave me a gift certificate to that favorite coffee shop mentioned in 1) above. On the back of the gift card, it’s says “powered by Toast”, and there’s even a scannable barcode. But guess what? there’s no way to load the gift card into toast. Soooo....while I have this cool app, and I have this gift card to my favorite coffee shop, all powered by TOAST, I still pay for coffee at my favorite coffee shop with my old credit card, and I’ve got 50 bucks sitting on a gift card I don’t use because my coffee is all paid for (on my old card) when I get there. Uggh!
Good luck if you’re a restaurant using this service …
A restaurant I was considering uses “ToastTab”. So I click the link to place an order.
There’s no FAQ or any information about “ToastTab”, or how it works prior to placing an order. You’re expected to blindly create an account and then (somehow?) set up payment. But I don’t really know because I can’t learn about this product before using.
So I set up an account using a throwaway email address. (I had little choice). There’s still almost nothing listed to learn about this service. They have a section called “Payment Options” and it says “No saved cards”. That makes sense because I have yet to place an order. So I click that section and …nothing happens. A little arrow turns as if a drop down box was meant to appear or something but that’s it.
Sorry, not using “ToastTab”. I have no idea what they’re about and they offer almost zero educational on boarding assistance or FAQ. Feels clunky. While DoorDash and others are controversial for taking a large cut of the restaurants’ revenue, at least those apps are flexible, modern and allow the consumer (me) to feel like I have some control over the situation.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Toast, Inc.
- 37.3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Toast, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.