Food you love without the wait.
Order ahead from your favorite restaurants. Customize your order, pay in seconds, and pick it up in-store. Toast TakeOut is your VIP access to the best food.
We've added performance enhancements and bug fixes to make your food experience even better.
Ratings and Reviews
No hidden fees
This is the only delivery app that doesn't add $1-$5 to every menu item, then charge an additional service fee, delivery fee, tax, and tip. I've compared several options on the app to online prices from the restaurants and they always match, unlike doordash. Next time you order doordash, check the price of the item in your cart compared to the restaurant's price for the same item online. They always deceptively add several dollars to every item and then charge a bunch of fees on top of that. Toast is cheaper and faster than every other app I've used, even for delivery (as of March 2023 at least). What they lack in available restaurants they make up for in honest prices.
Worst Customer Service - beware of using
Beware using this service: they don’t consider app users to be their customers. I placed an order for delivery, but it never arrived. I tried calling the number listed in the app by toast, but because the restaurant is in a food hall, it is just a general recording that directs you to the food hall’s website. With no way of contacting the restaurant, I called the only Toast customer service number that I could find. The guy on the other side said that the restaurants are Toast’s customers, not app users who place orders through them. His only suggestion for getting a refund was to call the restaurant and for the restaurant to then call Toast to process the refund. I explained (again) that I had already tried to call them and the listed phone number doesn’t work. The customer service person then hung up on me without providing any other contact phone number to get a refund. And a couple minutes later, my order was marked as completed despite never receiving my food. I ended up calling a different location of the restaurant that I ordered from. They were really nice and explained that their other location does not do delivery and Toast isn’t supposed to have it listed for delivery. This other location is now working on getting me a refund. I never leave reviews, but just wanted to warn other users of this issue with Toast.
How to Pay?
Decent App. Use it every day, but I have two problems with it:
1) Setting up Payment- there seems to be no way to set up a new payment option (new credit card) without first trying to purchase something. If you go to your personal profile, you can see your payment options, but there’s no way to edit them! What the...? You can delete them, just can’t add or edit. Sooo...you order something, then click payment options, THEN you can add a different card if you want. Not easy in a hands free world when I’m driving to work, approaching my garage and want to quickly place my order before I park and head to the coffee shop. What am I missing???
2) someone recently gave me a gift certificate to that favorite coffee shop mentioned in 1) above. On the back of the gift card, it’s says “powered by Toast”, and there’s even a scannable barcode. But guess what? there’s no way to load the gift card into toast. Soooo....while I have this cool app, and I have this gift card to my favorite coffee shop, all powered by TOAST, I still pay for coffee at my favorite coffee shop with my old credit card, and I’ve got 50 bucks sitting on a gift card I don’t use because my coffee is all paid for (on my old card) when I get there. Uggh!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Toast, Inc.
- 62.1 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Toast, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.