Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app. Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE CREATORS WITH CHANNEL MEMBERSHIPS
- Support the channel you love with monthly recurring payments
- Stand out in comments and live chat with a loyalty badge next to your username
- Get access to exclusive perks from the channel
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, GET YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND.
- Watch the videos you love without ads!
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
Bug fixes, stability improvements, repairs to time-space continuum, etc. etc.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The new update is awful.
I have to be honest, the new update for mobile is awful. The worst problem is that every time you leave the app open, switch out of it, and then open the app again, it always crashes and it is very frustrating, as I do this often. The app also crashes if you turn off your phone while using it and then turn it on and go back into the app, which is all incredibly inconvenient and tedious. Also, the new UI for the comments and recommended videos under the video being watched is quite bad. It made no sense to move comments from where they have been for years, and there had been no complaints. Every time I scroll down, I am met with a “Comments have been moved” notification. It’s also pretty clunky that you have to actually open comments separately from recommended videos instead of just scrolling into them, which could be easily done if comments were just reverted to the way they were. The recommended videos also have huge thumbnails now, and seem to take up extra screen space for no reason but to just make you scroll more. Please, next time, don’t make change just to make change, especially on things no one had any complaints about. We already know how many times the UI has been changed in the past for no reason, and it makes absolutely zero sense to do so when everybody is happy with how it is.
Please revert back to the original comment layout
For years the comment section was at a reasonable place at the bottom of each video, making it easy to scroll through them while watching. A few months ago you abruptly moved the comments into an easily missable section under the description. I hated it. It wasn’t very intuitive to use, it wasn’t functional, and it made page navigation worse. Then a few weeks ago an update restored the original comment layout and I was overjoyed! Finally I could enjoy the app again instead of feeling like I have to fight with it just to browse comments.
But I guess it wasn’t meant to last. With the most recent update we’re right back to having these ridiculous segregated comments and I just can’t wrap my head around why anyone would think this is good design. Please put the comments back at the bottom of the videos or at least give us the option to toggle between layouts.
And shrink the recommended feed back to its original size. Right now the video thumbnails are so big I can only see about two videos at a time. Feels like a tremendous waste of screen real estate.
Sensors too many videos
1. This app is very good for the most part. Lately it has been censoring too many videos. I have to now go to other places on the web to see what I need to learn.
2. When casting there needs to be a way to change the play back speed of a video. It works on small computer, phone and tablet. It needs to work when casting also.
3. When casting I can have videos added to queue to play in order I choose. It would be nice to be able to set this feature for the computer, tablet and phone too.
4. It would be nice if I didn’t loose my active queue list every time I stopped casting. Than I have to set it up all over again . Usually I play videos I found and want to see 1 minute so they will be saved to history and easy to find again to set up again on my queue list.
5. The 10 second foreword or back is nice when casting videos. This feature should be available on tablet and computer. Stop start rewind is an extremely important feature for my use when learning. It would be nice if time were available in 30 second forward/back times also.
- Google LLC
- 231 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2020 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Red $9.99
- YouTube Red $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.