Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Link to web pages, email addresses, and phone numbers from objects such as shapes, lines, images, drawings, or text boxes
• Teachers using the Schoolwork app to assign activities in Numbers can now view student progress, such as time spent
• Support for collaborating on forms in shared spreadsheets
Ratings and Reviews
Excel can take a flying leap
Let me begin with I am a very simple user of this app. I own a business and need a spreadsheet to keep track of business income and expenses. I purchased Microsoft Office for Excel. After using my personal Mac for a time, I decided my business needed software equipment of it’s own. I purchased an iPad. To find out the PURCHASE I ALREADY MADE “didn’t work with” iPad. Now, it works with other iPads, just not bigger than 10.1 inch. So NONE of the Pro iPads. So Microsoft kindly (and by kindly I mean over the course of 2 weeks, 3 different telephone numbers, 4 technicians and 2 different chat supports) informed me that I would now need a Microsoft365 Subscription. Byyyyeeeeeeeee! I was prepared to make all new spreadsheets and just transfer ALL OF 2021 INFO by hand. But! Apple makes life so easy and makes it easy to transition from the idiocracy at Microsoft. Literally imported the spreadsheets from Excel and off I go, picked up right where I left off and even the formulas are the same! I HEART APPLE, I mean other than their monopoly on everything they own and their singular focus to have the only electric/WiFi anything in your home, that’s where they lose a star. But otherwise, I HEART APPLE!!!!!!!!!
Great Spreadsheet for iPad Use
This Spreadsheet in iPad format is very easy to use for simple spreadsheets... interactive format is simple, easy to use, without the intense formula & formatting issues of the more high Power Spreadsheet of the Mac. I like it better than the Mac Format for my “Household & Recreational” Spreadsheets.
Only negative that is a bit frustrating is the “editing” within a cell functionality ... it is a bit erratic when selecting text or insertion points within a cell. Sometimes requires selecting the Keyboard icon @ the lower right on the screen, other times insertion point directly “clicks in” where positioned similar to the way it works on the Mac & in the Pages App. When working with the Spreadsheet, I have not found a reason for this “2 options” issue for cell editing. Rating loses one Star for this issue.
This is my “go to” app
I love this app! My primary uses are for a monthly budget and a daily complex TV schedule (2 households, multiple recordings, 4 DVRs+). I would love to see the following three features added: (1) the ability to click/tap on an image (or just several merged cells containing text) and pop-up a larger version of the image/merged cells**. (2) the ability to use multiple merged cells to hand write notes using the Apple Pencil (varying nib sizes, move the merged notes around and/or cut/delete like any other cell or merged cells). (3) the ability to insert a moveable and removable window (either set or expandable size, like 4 cells wide and high to 6 cells, or more, wide and high) that would accept animated GIFs and/or video clips. Features 1 and 2 are features I could use immediately. UPDATE: Feature request 3 was added in the latest update. I have a new feature request... the ability to see the history of shared access, like number of visits and date of at least the most-recent visit.
**This would really help my friend (with poor near-vision) read the individual blocks of information on the TV schedule.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 525.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2021 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.