Pixelmator Photo is a photo editor unlike any other. It features a collection of nondestructive, desktop-class color adjustments. A set of gorgeous presets inspired by analog photography. A magical Repair tool to remove unwanted objects. Full support for editing RAW images. Artificial intelligence that automatically improves photos like a pro photographer. And it's designed exclusively for iPadOS, bringing the most native and intuitive editing experience imaginable.
Powerful tools for improving your photos
• Edit photos using a collection of advanced, nondestructive color adjustments, specially designed to preserve detail and naturally improve photos.
• Take advantage of full RAW support to edit high-resolution RAW photos from your DSLR camera or iPhone.
• Effortlessly remove unwanted objects using the incredible Repair tool.
• Nondestructively edit photos in your Photos library, automatically syncing every change and even favorite or delete photos right in Pixelmator Photo.
• Batch edit photos using the entire collection of editing tools available in the app.
• Crop, straighten, and correct perspective with the easy-to-use Crop tool.
• Use groundbreaking machine learning to automatically enhance photos, adjust lighting, white balance, and colors, apply presets, and even improve the composition of your photos.
• Edit completely nondestructively, resetting changes made with any tool at any time you like without affecting other edits.
Desktop-class color adjustments
• Edit photos using a collection of powerful, desktop-class color adjustments.
• Follow all the changes you make in the beautiful live histogram.
• Improve exposure, contrast, brightness, highlights, and shadows using the Lightness adjustment.
• Adjust color saturation, vibrance, and hue with Hue & Saturation.
• Improve the balance of colors in the shadows, midtones, and highlights.
• Selectively adjust individual color ranges using the Selective Color adjustment.
• Quickly improve brightness, contrast, and color by setting black, white, and grey points using the Levels adjustment.
• Use the Curves adjustment to adjust lighting and color with incredible precision.
• Mix the balance of the red, green, and blue color channels to create intense color effects in your images.
• Replace any color with any other using the Replace Color adjustment.
• Create beautiful black and whites even from your color photos.
• Use the Fade adjustment to wash out the contrasts in your photo and give it a faded look.
• Add beautiful, film-style grain with the Grain adjustment.
• Use a range of additional adjustments, like Sharpen, Color Monochrome, Sepia, and Invert to make any photo stand out.
Groundbreaking artificial intelligence
• Use ML Enhance, trained on 20 million professional photos, to automatically improve your photos like a pro photographer.
• ML Enhance automatically takes care of all the subtle improvements that go into every great shot — white balance, exposure, shadow, and highlight detail — so you can focus on adding your own creative finishing touches.
• Automatically fine-tune individual adjustments, like Lightness, White Balance, Selective Color, and Color Balance using the knowledge from the same 20-million-photo Core ML algorithm.
• Intelligently crop photos using the machine learning-powered ML Crop.
Stunning presets for film emulation, vintage looks, and more
• Quickly change the look of a photo using an extensive collection of presets inspired by different photography styles and designed for a variety of subjects.
• Create, save, and even share your own custom presets.
Designed for iPadOS 13
Pixelmator Photo is designed from the ground up for iPadOS and iPad, taking full advantage of its large display and 64-bit architecture. And it uses powerful Apple technologies like Metal, Core ML 2, and Core Image to deliver staggeringly fast performance, even when editing large RAW photos or batch editing hundreds of images at a time.
Pixelmator Photo 1.1.5 brings a few smaller but important fixes — learn more about them below.
• If it is not possible to load the full-size image in the Photo Stream, a very small one will be shown (instead of an error).
• Photos synced automatically from the macOS Photos app would not be loaded correctly. Fixed.
• An empty black rectangle would be shown when a higher-quality image in the Photos browser could not be loaded. Fixed.
• If access to Photos was turned off, Pixelmator Photo would be opened with a completely empty view. Fixed.
• It would sometimes not be possible to save changes to images in the From My Mac album. Fixed.
• Images could sometimes be opened vertically flipped. Fixed.
• In certain cases, tapping the ML Enhance button would do nothing at all. Fixed.
• Pixelmator Photo would sometimes quit unexpectedly when opening RAW images. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Photo in general? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looking for a simple but powerful way to freshen up your photos? Pixelmator Photo makes editing approachable even if you don’t know your contrast from your saturation. With a few taps, the iPad-exclusive app will let you adjust specific color ranges, perfect your photo’s shadows, and fix up highlights. And once you’ve found settings you like, save them as your own presets.
These are my initial impressions after using the app for the first time. I was hoping it would be a Lightroom replacement, and it’s close. It would need selective edits, brushes, noise reduction, and masking on the sharpening tool. I can still use it in my workflow as a last stop to apply a filter. It would great for that because it has enough adjustment tools to fine tune the filter. I also like the idea of machine learning to supplement my creative process. It suggested a nice crop which made my model seem taller in the frame. I will be using that idea in the future! UI is great but would like to be able collapse an individual adjustment tool (on the right panel) so it’s out of the way when not in use. Currently collapsing an individual tool removes the adjustment. I would love for Pixelmator to replace Lightroom for me. I could be free of my Adobe subscription plan forever!
Edit: Love to see that batch editing has been added. Thank you! I love companies that listen to their customers. I added a star just for that alone. I see file management has also improved. Great!
Developer Response ,
Hey there, as of Pixelmator Photo 1.1, batch editing is now available. Would love to hear any feedback you might have if you've tried it out! PS. Noise reduction is currently in development, and we'd obviously love to add the other features you've requested too. Oh, and to hide the adjustments, you can slide the adjustments pane out to the right (or simply close the Color Adjustments tool by tapping its icon).
Very good app, could use some new tools
I really liked this app. It does a great job at manipulating exposure, contrast, and so on. I definitely want to play around with it to see what it can do. So far I think it's missing a dodge and burn tool to fine tune the image. One app I like a lot has the dodge and burn tool but it also has a similar tool for saturation/desaturation and another for sharpening/blurring. also has a similar dodge and burn tool, but it's for saturation. As good as this app is, such tools would me it even better.
To me this ap has one critical problem that will prevent me from using it. It has a undo button but not a redo button. I often like to compare the before and after the last change I just did. I am not talking about the original version and the now, sometimes when I changed the contrast, for example, I like to toggle between the undo and redo button to see a comparison between the change I just did and before. Sometimes I go a few steps back and redo them again just for comparison to see if I am going in the right direction. The app missing a redo button is like trying to make a hamburger with just one hamburger bun. This is a deal breaker for me.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 186.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), and iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.