Chip automatically puts money aside for you, so you can save up without thinking about it.
Forget about saving. Forget about boring banking and budgeting apps. Forget about money management apps that nag nag nag. Just get Chip and get on with your life.
• Save just the right amount - We’ve analysed more than 160 million transactions to build a clever AI that automatically puts pounds (not pennies) aside for you. But you won’t notice the money leaving your account! Pretty neat, eh?
• Be filthy rich before you know it - Our savers have already automatically put aside more than £85 million in total. Leave Chip ticking over for a few weeks and we guarantee we’ll make you smile.
• Chip is the UK’s best personal finance app. We have the trophy from the British Bank Awards to prove it. You can also check us out in the Guardian, the Metro, the Evening Standard, BBC news, Money Saving Expert and more.
Here’s how we make putting money aside as easy as spending it...
1. Get started in under 60 seconds - Just type in your full name and address with a pic of your card and you’re good to go.
2. Plug in your bank - Chip securely connects to all major UK banks. Our AI then looks at your transaction data to work out how much you can afford to save.
3. Let Chip’s automatic saves do their thing - Chip isn’t just another one of those apps that pesters you about your spending. We do everything for you. Every few days we move the perfect amount of money into your Chip account. Check back in about a month and you’ll be very happy.
4. Set goals - Trip to the Bahamas? Make it happen. New car? Let’s roll. Escape your overdraft? You’re halfway there (and not living on prayer).
5. Spend on the things that matter - You can withdraw your money instantly. What you do with it is all up to you.
You can do anything, start with Chip.
Chip is going dark. We’re channeling our inner goth. Breaking out the Edgar Allen Poe. Listening to the Cure. That’s right, Chip’s new sexy Dark Mode is here!
Perfect for the long winter nights. Subtly checking your phone in the cinema. Moodily brooding in the dark. Matching your chic all-black outfit.
It’s also pretty neat if you find black text on white strains your eyes, and would rather have white text on a black background.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app changed my life
I love this app! I was very sceptical about letting a robot handle my finances, but it does a better job than I could ever do!! I love it and have full control over the amounts that are saved. I will use this app forever now, it will be on every phone I ever buy for the rest of my life. I gave up smoking and was introduced to chip through the quit smoking app and I’m so grateful to have been introduced.
The only criticisms are to be taken constructively. The time it takes for the money to be debited from from your account is a little slow. I would like to see this speed improve for a better user experience.
Also I think a great feature to add would be a line graph or several different graph types that display what you have saved over the time using the app. Would add a great visual to saving.
Overall I am mighty impressed with this app and put my money where my mouth is and invested in the company. I truly believe this app is the future of banking.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Keep on Chippin' :)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Not sure if the team at Chip even read these reviews but I wanted to say a great big THANK YOU because with your help I've succesfully saved for my dream travelling holiday. I have the 5% interest (I was a very early sign up so got this without refering people which proabbly does make it slightly more appealing to me then than it does now) which is miles better than anything else on the market. Whilst my friends were trying all these small tips and tricks to put away money I knew that I had a handy little app which put my spare cash away for me. Like a few reviews I've read, I did experience a few technical issues but on every occasion I was quickly able to be connected through live chat to a member of staff who resolved the problem for me. I think the interface is super user-friendly and it really makes saving more of a fun achievement than a chore. Having the quarterly interest payments incentivised me not to withdraw money on a whim, like I have done with other savings accounts. Also, there have been occasions where chip have messed up but everytime the problems have been resolves quickly, efficiently and professionally.
This review probably sounds like I've been paid to write it or that i'm a member of staff (that's what I normally expect from a great review) but I honestly just love this saving app.
Thanks a lot and if you haven't got it yet, get on it!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your lovely comment! We're delighted that you're enjoying using the app, and have managed to save up for your dream holiday! Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to make your user experience even better :)
Problems linking to NatWest
Upon downloading the app, it became clear that the app would not link to my online banking despite all details being correct. After a few days of repeated trying (details definitely correct), the app allowed me to link my account. However I could not set up the automatic allocation feature and could only use the manual save feature.
With this being the main draw of the app, I chatted to Harry over the live chat system. He was friendly at all times and offered to speak to the systems provider to reset my account. Great, I thought. That would probably fix whatever problem I had, right? I had been receiving an error message about servers and assumed it a problem on Chip’s end after quadruple checking my details or entering them at a snail’s pace.
After the reset did not work, the only advice I received off Harry was an article on how to enter my bank details. This came across a tad condescending as I could already read basic instructions but can’t blame him for trying I suppose! I’m not sure if it was the app or NatWest struggling to connect but when the only line of enquiry is for me to go into my bank to sort the problem, I can easily download another similar (and actual working) app. I appreciate Harry’s effort with the help but I’m not convinced the folk chatting are entirely clued up on the inner workings of the app, as nice as they seem.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your review, and I do apologise that you've experienced some issues with the app. Can you please contact me at email@example.com so that I can investigate this enquiry further for you? Kind regards, Donald
- Chip Financial Ltd
- 57.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Chip Financial Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.