Just plug Chip, the automatic money app, into your bank account and we’ll automatically stash money away for you. You won’t feel a thing and before you know it, you’ll have a big chunk of cash squirrelled away.
Join the 100,000+ who are making their goals happen. We’ve processed over £100 million already and are ready to help you too.
Sign up and start today.
• Automatic saves - Using your transaction data and our AI we calculate what you can afford to save and stash it away, automatically.
• Save without feeling it - We’ve analysed more than 160 million transactions to build a clever AI that can keep you putting money away, without affecting your day-to-day spending.
• Feel good about your money - Whether you’re spending big, times are tight, or even if you’re in your overdraft, we can help you put away some money.
• Achieve your goals - You can track your progress towards your goals in the app. Get out of your overdraft. Go on the trip of a lifetime. Put down a deposit on a home. Whatever you want to do, Chip will help you create a stash for it.
• Instant access - Withdraw your money from Chip whenever you want, you can move your money into your bank account on the same day.
• Simple and secure setup - It only takes a few minutes to create your Chip account and connect it to your bank.
• Connect with all major banks - Chip securely connects with Barclays, HSBC, Santander, Lloyds, NatWest, Nationwide, RBS, TSB, Halifax, First Direct, Co-operative Bank and Metro Bank accounts.
• Bank-grade security - Your data is protected by bank-grade 128+ bit encryption.
All the goals, all the time!
The most goals ever scored in a football match was a ludicrous 149, in a 2002 game in Madagascar.
As you might’ve guessed, in this update we’ve revamped our Goals feature. You can now:
• Set multiple goals
• Select an image of choice (the ability to add your own images is coming soon!)
• Set an end date and see if you’re on track to reach your goal
• Split your saves between your different goals (e.g. 20% to Holiday, 30% to Flat Deposit)
We’ve also made some design tweaks too, so it’s easier to make and manage your goals.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s good but the minimal bank balance needs work.
I love the app and so far I have saved £150 which is a lot for me, and I’m happy with that 😁 but I’m getting really frustrated with setting the minimal bank balance, towards the end of the month (by the end I mean like 5th) I tend to hit the extreme lows of my pay so I can’t really go under £100 when it comes to saving. Every time I go to set a minimal balance it works, I go off the page and it resets back to 0 and saves. EVERY TIME. Leaving me without a minimal balance and extremely annoyed. It’s the worst when you set it, go to do a manual save and then it comes up, “you can’t save more than your minimum”, even though I didn’t. Apparently, when I’ve spoke to customer service it works on their side so it should work on mine, but it doesn’t? Annoyed as I have to keep pausing my savings when I shouldn’t have to as there is a feature there that should work good enough to use.
On another note, I would also like to see a round up feature with Chip because so far, Chip has been my savings app and that would be the cherry on top of the cake. Oh, and also the UI of the minimal balance.
Developer Response ,
Hey Caity, thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback, and I'll refer it to our development team so that we can amend this for you. Keep on Chippin' :) Kind regards, Donald
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Not sure if the team at Chip even read these reviews but I wanted to say a great big THANK YOU because with your help I've succesfully saved for my dream travelling holiday. I have the 5% interest (I was a very early sign up so got this without refering people which proabbly does make it slightly more appealing to me then than it does now) which is miles better than anything else on the market. Whilst my friends were trying all these small tips and tricks to put away money I knew that I had a handy little app which put my spare cash away for me. Like a few reviews I've read, I did experience a few technical issues but on every occasion I was quickly able to be connected through live chat to a member of staff who resolved the problem for me. I think the interface is super user-friendly and it really makes saving more of a fun achievement than a chore. Having the quarterly interest payments incentivised me not to withdraw money on a whim, like I have done with other savings accounts. Also, there have been occasions where chip have messed up but everytime the problems have been resolves quickly, efficiently and professionally.
This review probably sounds like I've been paid to write it or that i'm a member of staff (that's what I normally expect from a great review) but I honestly just love this saving app.
Thanks a lot and if you haven't got it yet, get on it!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your lovely comment! We're delighted that you're enjoying using the app, and have managed to save up for your dream holiday! Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to make your user experience even better :)
Problems linking to NatWest
Upon downloading the app, it became clear that the app would not link to my online banking despite all details being correct. After a few days of repeated trying (details definitely correct), the app allowed me to link my account. However I could not set up the automatic allocation feature and could only use the manual save feature.
With this being the main draw of the app, I chatted to Harry over the live chat system. He was friendly at all times and offered to speak to the systems provider to reset my account. Great, I thought. That would probably fix whatever problem I had, right? I had been receiving an error message about servers and assumed it a problem on Chip’s end after quadruple checking my details or entering them at a snail’s pace.
After the reset did not work, the only advice I received off Harry was an article on how to enter my bank details. This came across a tad condescending as I could already read basic instructions but can’t blame him for trying I suppose! I’m not sure if it was the app or NatWest struggling to connect but when the only line of enquiry is for me to go into my bank to sort the problem, I can easily download another similar (and actual working) app. I appreciate Harry’s effort with the help but I’m not convinced the folk chatting are entirely clued up on the inner workings of the app, as nice as they seem.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your review, and I do apologise that you've experienced some issues with the app. Can you please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can investigate this enquiry further for you? Kind regards, Donald
- Chip Financial Ltd
- 87.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Chip Financial Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.