Get the weather forecast in a beautiful and powerful app. See current and forecasted weather with a smart layout that updates as conditions change. And view precipitation, air quality, and temperature maps to see different conditions near you.
• See the most important weather information in a smart layout that adjusts to the current conditions.
• View daily forecasts for the next ten days, including color-coded bars displaying the high and low temperatures.
• Tap any module to reveal a deeper set of data such as hourly temperature and precipitation over the next ten days.
• Get notifications for severe weather events such as tornados, hurricanes, and flash floods so you can stay safe and prepared.
• View a chart that shows a minute‑by‑minute forecast of precipitation intensity over the next hour.
• Receive notifications when rain or snow is about to start or stop.
• See graphical representations of UV index, sunset, wind, and more.
• View animated precipitation maps to see the path of a storm and intensity of upcoming rain and snow.
• Explore air quality and temperature maps to see different conditions near you.
• Pan and zoom to view other areas of the map, or use the list to quickly navigate to other saved locations.
• Monitor air quality using a color-coded scale that displays the air quality level and category.
• Easily see if air quality is better or worse than yesterday.
• View air quality-related health recommendations.
More ways to view Weather
• Choose from a number of Weather complications to add to your lock screen.
• Add a Weather widget to your Lock Screen or your Home Screen to see the forecast at a glance, or select the Weather Lock Screen for a beautiful live representation of current weather conditions.
• Use the Weather app on Apple Watch to see the forecast, view a minute-by-minute precipitation chart, get information about severe weather events, monitor air quality and UV Index, and more.
• Customize your Watch Face with weather complications to see conditions at a glance.
• Ask Siri weather questions such as “What’s the weather like today?”, “How windy is it out there?” or “What time is sunrise in Paris?”
* Some features available for select countries or regions.
Ratings and Reviews
Better after ios16, still no Dark Sky
Raising my rating after updating to ios16 and seeing the Weather app is finally showing some evidence that they’re at least trying to incorporate Dark Sky features. Glad to see that it finally has multiple days of hourly forecast available. It still misses the mark in a big way for me. My biggest gripe is hourly forecast for Dew Point being buried in the “humidity” graph. Dew Point is the best way I’ve found to tell how “muggy” it will feel. Relative Humidity doesn’t give any such indication and is a meaningless stat on its own. For example right now the relative humidity is 80% but dew point is in the 30’s and it feels great outside, not muggy at all. On the hourly Humidity graph, it only graphs relative humidity, I have to scroll through each hour one at a time to see the forecasts for dew point. I travel a lot to un-air conditioned warehouses in the south/gulf region and dew point forecasts in Dark Sky have been my go-to for knowing how to dress and plan for the day. If it's 100 degrees with a dew point in the low 40's I know it will feel cooler in the the shade/in the warehouse, if it's 100 degrees with a 70+ dew point I know it will be like a convection oven, even in the shade with a fan blowing. I would prefer a tabular view of this data like Dark Sky had… at the very least give Dew Point it’s own graph please. Happy to at least see the data in there, but I continue to prefer Dark Sky.
I like it
I like this app, the UI is flawless, it has everything I need to know about the weather AND in a graph form, which is my all time favorite, you can just scroll right to left between the days and have all information at hand. You also have a brief explanation of each weather parameters, which most weather apps don’t bother to inform you about. Beautiful design, I created a weather Lock Screen and I like how the colors and shades change during the day according to the real time and live weather! Love it! The 2 things I’d change are, I’d put the temperature and “feels like” temperature on the same graph, just like the wind and wind gusts. It’s just easier to see how you feel vs the real temperature on one single graph. This would also release some of the clutter in the drop down tab. The other thing I’d like to see is, I’d add a nice blue color customization of the graph page background, instead of just black. Now one thing I’m not happy about is the ACCURACY. I know Apple’s previous data source was The Weather Channel which was the most reliable where I live, but after the latest big update, Apple switched it with a different source which isn’t accurate anymore. Dark sky, that everyone here loves, wasn’t accurate for me either so I’ve never really used it. Too bad because I love the new Apple Weather app design. Please go back to using The Weather Channel as the weather source!!!
Apple Weather app is horrible
I’ve used Dark Sky for a long time. There are so many ways to look at the weather and conditions. Hour by hour, humidity, wind, UV, and if it was going to rain where I was. I could tell if it was going rain but much more than the city! TV weather people would say it was going to rain, but you couldn’t tell if it was where you were going to be or just their coverage area, which could be several counties. Dark Sky was really accurate in everything, not perfect but extremely well done. Apple bought them, and now they say they are including their technology into the Apple weather app. I’m calling a B/S on that. Unless things change between now and their ending Dark Sky in January, I’ll be looking for a new weather app! Hmmm, maybe they aren’t as dumb as we think! They end the app and they then sell millions of other apps to replace the Apple app? Don’t they get a cut from each sale?
UPDATE It’s now the end of January and I’ve been using the new app since they deleted Dark Sky! It’s not even close as useful as Dark Sky was. My biggest interest in a weather app is to know weather hour by hour. I plan my golf tee times by the information. The new charts make it difficult, and sometimes impossible! This new app is no different than the others out there.
Dark Sky was the best! Maybe someone builds another that competes with Apples but is useful!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.