Whether you’re working with teammates on a project or planning a weekend activity with loved ones, Microsoft Teams helps bring people together so that they can get things done. It’s the only app that has chats, meetings, files, tasks, and calendars in one place—so you can easily connect with people and bring plans to life. Get family and friends together to manage tasks at home or plan a surprise birthday party. Work with teammates via secure meetings, document collaboration, and built-in cloud storage. You can do it all in Microsoft Teams.
Easily connect with anyone:
• Meet securely with teammates, family, and friends. Set up a video meeting within seconds and invite anyone by sharing a link or calendar invite.
• Chat 1-1 or in group chats with friends or colleagues. @mention people in chats to get their attention.
• Dedicated channels help create a focused workspace for important projects.
• Video call anyone directly in Teams or instantly convert a group chat to video call.
• GIFs, emojis, and message animations make it easier to express yourself when words aren’t enough.
Accomplish plans and projects together:
• Task lists allow you to stay on top of work projects or plans with family and friends. Assign tasks, set due dates, and cross off completed tasks to keep everyone on the same page.
• File sharing in chats makes it easier to coordinate on work assignments or personal projects.
• Cloud storage makes it easy to access shared documents and files on the go.
• Dashboard view neatly organizes all shared content—photos, files, tasks, links—so you don’t have to spend time looking for things*.
• Screenshare, whiteboard, or breakout in virtual rooms to get most out of your work meetings.
Designed to give you peace of mind:
• Securely collaborate with external partners for work assignments while maintaining control over your data.
• Store important information such as subscription passwords in a digital Safe*.
• Enterprise-level security and compliance you expect from Microsoft 365**.
*Available when using Microsoft Teams with your personal account.
**Commercial features of this app require a paid Microsoft 365 commercial subscription or a trial subscription of Microsoft Teams for work. If you’re not sure about your company’s subscription or the services you have access to, visit Office.com/Teams to learn more or contact your IT department.
By downloading Teams, you agree to the license (see aka.ms/eulateamsmobile) and privacy terms (see aka.ms/privacy). For support or feedback, email us at email@example.com. EU Contract Summary: aka.ms/EUContractSummary
Search for a message and choose to order the results by relevance or recency
Get suggestions as you type a search term along with top hits for your search results to quickly find what you're looking for
View attachments and suggested related files in the details tab of a meeting
Ratings and Reviews
Solid App for Team Collaboration
I was a reluctant participant to Microsoft Teams when it came out. I felt that this is yet another application that’s purporting to bring teams together and make it easier and fun for distributed teams to huddle. I am glad I was wrong. Teams kind of grows on you. It doesn’t have a lack of features... but they are presented in a way that facilitates better interaction. Yes, there are issues when you invite someone external to participate on your Teams. This part of having external users I thought was quite difficult in the beginning... but it has come a long ways. Also, the part where you are having live events with external participants. I can understand that Teams has to observe a fine line between external participation and security. I think they have done that. I also find the limits on video conferencing a challenge; but for internal meetings, it works rather well. I love how you can bring in various assets into the meetings and engage with them. There’s a lot to love about Teams, and a lot to poke holes at... ultimately, the type of application will drive the engagement from your participants, and your eventual appreciation.
Teams preliminary evaluation (first week)
Praise: Internal integration of various technologies (Skype, Sharepoint, Outlook Calendar, etc.) and external connectivity with Office 365 constituents is seamless and functional. In particular, remote meetings capabilities, including chat, desktop share, audio, all work well within our corporate network. Also, client-based app and web-based app have essentially the same functionality and look-and-feel, which is definitely preferred. iPhone-based mobile app works well so far. Very good compliment to the main Teams usage on my corporate Microsoft Surface Pro.
Criticism: I was never a fan of the Sharepoint-based file presentation and interface. Windows Explorer in details mode using libraries, shortcuts, etc. is preferred for file management. Maybe Sharepoint file presentation is needed for tablet devices. I’m a longtime laptop point-click user.
Also, in meetings, it was not obvious how to re-display the control bar (enable mute, for example) once the control bar disappeared automatically. I learned how eventually, but guidance on such important items should be more prominent. I had to hunt for a solution.
Ok so we all know the global pandemic has bringed us to do everything at home. I am a student that uses this app DAILY and i really like it, but recently they did this new update that changed everything but not a lot because you could still understand everything that u have to do in the app so over all i liked the update. BUT there is this section on Microsoft Teams called assignments ( keep in mind that i have been using this app for YEARS)(*with no problem at all*) this section let you see all your assignments that you have to do and they’re due dates, how much they’re worth, etc. And this section was divided by every class, teams, group, etc. For example: if you went to assignments it would appear a list of all of ur classes, groups, teams, etc. And you have to click the class that you would like to see the assignments. I really liked how they were divided BUT now in the new update all of the assignments are put together and i REALLY DONT LIKE THAT because i like to keep everything very organized and i dont like that the assignments are all mixed together. Overall i like this app a lot and its very easy to use is just the little things that bother me a tiny bit.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 247.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.