Verizon Care Smart 12+
Designed for iPhone
Verizon Care Smart is designed to help loved ones live safely and independently. With this companion app, caregivers and trusted contacts can communicate with the watch user and view the most recent location reported by their watch. The app can be used to pair Verizon Care Smart Watch and select Apple Watch models (for self or someone else). The app can also be used to accept caregiver or trusted contact invitations for Verizon Care Smart Watch, select Apple Watch models and select Android Watch models.
For the Care Smart app to pair with select Apple Watch models, the watch must be enrolled in either Get Help - Caregiver Alert service or Get Help - Professional Monitoring service.
The Care Smart app lets you:
* Locate the watch anytime and view its last reported location on an interface that supports both the map and satellite view.
* Set location-based and time-based alerts to track your loved one’s location at any given time of the day and day of the week.
* Update the watch user’s profile to keep their medical ID and insurance cards stored securely and always accessible when needed.
Care Smart features exclusively for Verizon Care Smart Watch:
* Set daily step goal and receive a daily notification of the step count summary.
* Manage contacts to ensure only trusted people can call or text.
* Set reminders for daily tasks such as appointments and medications.
Care Smart features exclusively for compatible Apple and Android Watch models:
* No limit on the number of contacts that may be included in the watch user’s Care Smart Trust Circle
* Care Smart’s Get Help fall detection alerts: Get Help service alerts the “trust circle” of caregivers and trusted contacts when your watch detects a hard fall or automatically calls 911
* Timeline of events displayed in the Care Smart app including when a fall was detected or an emergency call made or received from the Get Help - Professional Monitoring agent, emergency responders dispatched, trust circle alerted, and incident closed
* (ONLY APPLICABLE FOR SELECT APPLE WATCH MODELS ENROLLED IN GET HELP - CAREGIVER ALERT SERVICE) When a fall is detected or an emergency call is made to one of the contacts in the trust circle, the Care Smart app makes it easy to initiate group messaging with the other members of the watch user’s Trust Circle contacts.
The Verizon Care Smart app is required to complete the setup of Care Smart on select Apple Watch models and Verizon Care Smart Watch.
To get going as a watch wearer or if you are setting up the watch for someone else:
1. Download the Care Smart app to your smartphone.
2. Create a Care Smart account.
3. Pair your smartphone with select Apple Watch models or Verizon Care Smart watch (for self or someone else).
If you are not the watch wearer or didn't set up the watch for someone else, but want to keep in touch:
1. Get the primary caregiver(s) or the watch wearer to send you an invitation.
2. Download this app.
3. Create and/or log in to your own Care Smart account.
4. Accept the invitation.
This Care Smart app update includes the following UI enhancements:
A slider control replaces the Get Help call button to prevent unintentional calls to the Professional Monitoring agent
Rebranded icon for both the Get Help – Professional Monitoring and Get Help – Caregiver Alert service
Ratings and Reviews
Generally, this is a good product, but occasionally has some glitches which are difficult to resolve. For example, currently when I open the dashboard and press on the locator tab on the screen, which should spin for a few seconds, and then tell you the time and location, it just keeps spinning. Not sure if this is an app issue or what, I’m not sure how to get assistance with this. This has been going on for about a week and not sure how to fix this.
Developer Response ,
Could you please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention this review in the email? I would like to gather more info from you in order to address this issue. Thank you!
Log on issues
Have had this app installed on my phone since December and had it synced with the to Care Smart watches purchased for my children. Up until two weeks ago everything was working perfectly! Then approximately 2 weeks ago, it no longer allowed me to log on using my Apple ID. I press the button/key to login on the sign in page, but nothing happens other than the letters go from white to gray while I have my finger on the key. it does not acknowledge my facial ID. Tried to log on using regular sign in as well as Google, but because my email address and phone number are already associated with an account, it will only gives me the option of signing on with Apple ID. Spoke with Verizon for nearly an hour today and then called Apple as well and still no luck. Have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times including this morning… Have also tried to shut down phone and restart several times as well.
Developer Response ,
Could you please come back and update us on your new experience with the caresmart app and if you are still having issues or if the issues you saw were resolved? We hope to hear from you!
Have to delete everyday
I think the app and watch are a great idea and we will continue to use it because it works for our family at the moment. My husband actually uses it because it is the ONLY device we could find without internet. However, the app does NOT make a sound notification so I have to be looking at my phone to see if I get a message, does not find location well, voice messages do not always work, messages do not always get sent, it advertises 10 numbers but 1 is taken up by the “watch wearer number” which I think is not right, and at least once a day if not more, the app will not open on my phone so I have to delete and reinstall/re-sign in to get it working again.
If the company would fix those things I would give it 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. Would you be able to email us at email@example.com so that we may connect to start looking into these issues further and gathering more info from you? Please mention this review in the email. I hope to connect with you soon. -DA
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Verizon Wireless
- 52.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Verizon Wireless
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.