iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Simply download the app to your iPhone or iPad, and connect directly to iTunes on your Mac or PC. With iTunes Remote you can:
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artist, albums, and songs
• Browse movies, TV shows, and Podcasts
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with Airplay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
• iTunes 12.7.5 or later is recommended for use with iTunes Remote.
This update fixes an issue where iTunes Remote may unexpectedly quit when using the in-app keyboard with Apple TV.
- Resolves an issue that prevented AirPlay streaming with videos
- Restores the repeat control for video playlists
- Includes additional network connectivity improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Support Apple Music!
If Apple wants Apple Music to grow faster, support it in this app! It is unbelievable at this point that you can’t select an Apple Music station or search Apple Music for a song you want to play. I use this app with a bunch of Airplay devices around the house and having to go back to the computer whenever I want to change the music is a pain. Building a playlist from Apple Music content is the only way to access from the app and that is one extra, inflexible step. Come on Apple, you can do better than this!
Missing key feature
This is one of the most used apps I have on my IOS devices, using it to control a headless Mac mini music server. There are no iTunes alternatives available I’m aware off, as such it is important to me that it continues to remain relevant. For the most part it works flawlessly with a local music library, what it doesn’t do is quite astonishing, it doesn’t allow selecting music from Apple Music. If I choose an album or song in Apple Music using Remote Desktop from a Mac and then start iTunes Remote on iPad it appears in now playing and functions normally so it seems feasible. Please Apple update this app with Apple Music functionality, don’t make me email Tim Cook over such an obvious shortcoming.
Controls iTunes music to HomePod.
Apple, thank you! Works a treat with HomePod for those of us who do not subscribe to Apple Music and wish to stream music from massive iTunes library that lives on my Mac. Indispensable to me.
I soo love this app. It’s sometimes criticized when OS updates temporarily break connectivity. If it weren’t for that, it’d be a 5-star app for sure. (And I’m guessing the team that works on Remote is rarely the cause of the connectivity probs in question. SOOO many variables. Amazing that it’s generally reliable.)
- Apple Inc.
- 15.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.