My Doctor Online (formerly KP Preventive Care) for Kaiser Permanente Northern California members. Stay connected with your doctor anytime, anywhere.
• Schedule appointments, including video visits, for you and your family in Medicine, Women's Health, Pediatrics and Optometry (video visit not available for Optometry). You may also have the option to schedule a specialty appointment directly in the app after your doctor has made a referral.
• Join your video visit right from the app.
• Receive appointment reminders and details, and if you need to, cancel or reschedule.
• Get preventive health reminders for you and your family.
• Refill Prescriptions
• View your lab test results
• View your personal doctors and email them. Send a photo from your phone.
• Get personalized care information about your pregnancy or certain scheduled medical procedures.
• Call our 24/7 Appointment and Advice Center anytime from anywhere.
• Search for a doctor or health information our doctors recommend to their patients
• Receive quick tips on pressing health topics and how Kaiser Permanente can help.
My Doctor Online: Your personalized care in one place!
After you download and launch the app, you’ll be asked for your kp.org user name and password. If you are a Northern California member and don’t yet have a kp.org user name and password, you can register from the app – just tap “Sign In Help” and follow the prompts.
• Bug Fix
Ratings and Reviews
I’m finally frustrated with logging in. I keep track of a couple of Kaiser accounts. If I log in in Safari it gives me a choice from my keychain. Unfortunately the app handles logging in badly. I have to get to the keychain, type in “Kaiser” to get the logins to show up. I wish at least this worked the first time, even if it’s stupid. But no, it won’t fill in the password until I do this whole thing again. Really? You should be able to access the keychain in a better, smarter way, and only once. At least other apps can do this. If you are going to remember my user name, why not fill in the password the first time?
Continuous ‘Failed emails’ to doctor
I have a nice set of doctors who actually email and communicate with me through this app. The problems I’ve been encountering recently though, are not being able to send emails anymore. It keeps telling me it failed, it gives me the option of retrying, and then gives me the failed notice again. It’s been about 4 days that I haven’t been able to communicate with my doctors. I can only receive their emails, but not send them.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we appreciate the review and would like to investigate the recent problem you’re having emailing your doctors from our app. Please reach out to us at MyDoctorOnlineAppSupport@kp.org.
Great Care; Poor Info. at the Same Time
From direct experience, I am a strong advocate of Kaiser Permanente’s quality and services, except in one crucial area: online connective help. Kaiser is about as non-user friendly as you can get in this regard. Given its core location in the San Francisco Bay Area, why this is so at Kaiser is a mystery. For the patient, the system is difficult to use and not intuitive. Whatever may be Kaiser’s tech history, it is time to start over and creat a system of communications that works for people seeking medical care. I worry about Kaiser members who fail to figure out how to make the system work and place themselves in medical danger as a result. (Even with a Ph.D, I find it all way too cumbersome.)
- Kaiser Permanente
- 121.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Kaiser Permanente
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.