My Doctor Online (formerly KP Preventive Care) for Kaiser Permanente Northern California members. Stay connected with your doctor anytime, anywhere.
• Schedule appointments, including video visits, for you and your family in Medicine, Women's Health, Pediatrics and Optometry (video visit not available for Optometry). You may also have the option to schedule a specialty appointment directly in the app after your doctor has made a referral.
• Join your video visit right from the app.
• Receive appointment reminders and details, and if you need to, cancel or reschedule.
• Get preventive health reminders for you and your family.
• Refill Prescriptions
• View your lab test results
• View your personal doctors and email them. Send a photo from your phone.
• Get personalized care information about your pregnancy or certain scheduled medical procedures.
• Call our 24/7 Appointment and Advice Center anytime from anywhere.
• Search for a doctor or health information our doctors recommend to their patients
• Receive quick tips on pressing health topics and how Kaiser Permanente can help.
My Doctor Online: Your personalized care in one place!
After you download and launch the app, you’ll be asked for your kp.org user name and password. If you are a Northern California member and don’t yet have a kp.org user name and password, you can register from the app – just tap “Sign In Help” and follow the prompts.
• Improved user experience
• Increased personalization for patients scheduled for some surgical procedures
• Technical enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great Care; Poor Info. at the Same Time
From direct experience, I am a strong advocate of Kaiser Permanente’s quality and services, except in one crucial area: online connective help. Kaiser is about as non-user friendly as you can get in this regard. Given its core location in the San Francisco Bay Area, why this is so at Kaiser is a mystery. For the patient, the system is difficult to use and not intuitive. Whatever may be Kaiser’s tech history, it is time to start over and creat a system of communications that works for people seeking medical care. I worry about Kaiser members who fail to figure out how to make the system work and place themselves in medical danger as a result. (Even with a Ph.D, I find it all way too cumbersome.)
Online Doctor App DOA!
Kaiser is great as long as you go to the main Hospital, or to a clinic by appointment. I am also happy with the speed of seeing a general practitioner. However, their tech support and online services are DEAD ON ARRIVAL!! The worst part is that KAISER DOESN’T CARE that their patients struggle to connect with them. They send out gobs of surveys, but then must throw them in the trash, because NOTHING ever changes. This app is very frustrating to use, is not friendly to IPads or IPhones, and can be easily done without by simply using Kaiser’s main on-line web page. I don’t know what Kaiser does with all our health insurance money, but it sure isn’t spent on developing friendly software!
Slow and not user friendly
It is painful to use this app. It’s very slow and hard to navigate. The UI is all and badly designed. I had My chart app from previous provider and it had the same (or even more) functionality but a lit more clear. I especially like those “learn more about this test” that take you (after 30 sec) to “we’re sorry, there’s no info” page. What? Disable the link then. And I have the other Kaiser app (yeah, they have 3 that do almost the same thing which is stupid) and it’s a bit better.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. We’d like to look into the issues you’ve reported with the test information pages and the app slowdowns. Please reach out to us at MyDoctorOnlineAppSupport@kp.org.
- Kaiser Permanente
- 100.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Kaiser Permanente
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.