Access, view and manage mail from all your email accounts in one place. Create professional-looking email messages on the go with desktop-class text formatting tools. Add images, scan documents, create sketches and attach files using the handy Format Bar. Catch up on email with more peace of mind with the new Mail Privacy Protection, which prevents email senders from learning information about your Mail activity.
• Access email from iCloud, Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo, and Outlook as well as many other email providers — all in one place.
• View all of your accounts in a single inbox, choose a specific mailbox, or filter to see just Unread or Flagged messages.
• Find messages by sender, recipient, or subject. Top Hits make it easy to find what you’re looking for.
• Manage your inbox by blocking a sender or muting notifications from an overly active thread.
• Flag important contacts as VIPs to receive notifications when their email messages arrive.
• Triage email messages using swipe gestures that help you quickly archive, delete, flag, or mark messages as read or unread.
• Add images, scan documents, create sketches, attach files and access text formatting tools from the handy Format Bar.
• Format font style, size, and color; strikethrough and alignment; numbered and bulleted lists; and indent and outdent with new desktop-class formatting tools.
• Use Markup to add drawings, comments, or a signature to photos and documents.
• Use Mail Drop to send large attachments from any account through iCloud.
• Use Mail Privacy Protection to hide your IP address so senders can’t link it to your other online activity or determine your location, and prevent senders from seeing if you’ve opened their email.
Ratings and Reviews
FIX THE BUGS
PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU APPLE. iOS 15 brought lots of bugs and defects to the mail app for iPhone. I need to use my mail and this was super frustrating and inconvenient. Now, after iOS 15.1 supposedly “fixed mail crashes” (it was crashing), the app is now slightly usable but still EXTREMELY buggy, unreliable, and STILL crashes. Every email takes about 15 seconds to appear once I tap on it. Every time I try to move mail to another folder it disappears briefly, but then isn’t in the folder I moved it into, and then it just reappears in its original folder and says I haven’t read it. The “Read” system is also completely not working. The date at the bottom of the app that says “Last Updated” often says dates that were weeks or even months ago when I have new mail from today. Half the time I press the screen while using the app it doesn’t even register. Folders never open. I can’t delete mail. When I double tap the home button and swipe the app away, it doesn’t refresh when I open it again. It just stays how I left it the last time, on a frozen screen with a button that has been pressed but isn’t working. The app is I SUPPOSE a fraction better then the iOS 15 beta but gosh, it’s just impossible to use. I honestly expect more.
Please, Apple. Just fix this stupid app so I can use it again.
Why would I ever use this over another mail app?
By far the worst part of this app is it’s settings. For Gmail, you have to enable “archive” for your left swipe in order to have the option to swipe to delete, and you can *only* right swipe to delete. When my other mail account is left swipe to delete, it creates a frustrating inconsistency where I’m constantly accidentally archiving gmail emails. Now I have to go dig through my settings to enable myself to see my gmail archives?
Why would I use this app when other apps give me the freedom to customize my settings as I please? Whomever constructed the gmail side of this thought they were anticipating their user’s tendencies, but utterly failed at doing so.
It gets a second star because my phone runs better consolidating two email apps into one, but that’s the only benefit, and I can easily make use of a different email app for this benefit while having the freedom to customize my settings as I please.
i feel like a lot of people who leaves bad reviews on this app are just beginners at managing emails and don’t want to bother learning this app. i know apple is usually known for ease of use, but this app is easy once u actually understand it. maybe if Apple made a get started guide, this app would have a higher rating. the people around me were in awe when i showed them swipe functions, ways to access & markup emails, & even configuring this app in the app itself & in iPhone settings. it even comes preconfigured with some pretty useful Smart Mailboxes (which btw just filters out emails). holding some buttons enable more functions. for example. holding the archive button allows u to delete messages (which u can configure to delete by default if u want in Settings>Mail), holding the Compose Message/New Email icon (or whatever it’s called) allows u to dig into ur drafts folder, swiping down on an email while writing lets u reference other email without closing the one u’re working on.. all in all, it’s a solid app… & it’s stock!! i don’t think i’ll ever need another app to manage my emails tbh lol. 5 star bc it def deserves at least 3 stars on average
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.