Notes is the best place to jot down quick thoughts or to save longer notes filled with checklists, images, web links, scanned documents, handwritten notes, or sketches. And with iCloud, it's easy to keep all your devices in sync, so you’ll always have your notes with you.
• Add attachments - PDFs, photos, maps, web links, and more. Scan paper documents with the built-in document scanner.
• Secure sensitive or personal data in a locked note.
• Create checklists. Make a grocery list, a wish list, or a to-do list, then tap to check off items as you go.
• Apply different text styles, such as heading or body, bulleted lists, and more.
• Add tables to quickly organize information.
• Use your finger, or Apple Pencil on a compatible iPad, to sketch right in your note or an inline PDF. Choose from a variety of brush styles and colors, and add lines and grids to a note for easier writing and drawing.
Organize and search
• Search for text in notes, your handwriting, and even inside scanned documents and photos like receipts or bills.
• Link from one note to another to connect ideas, content, or any information. Try typing >> for a shortcut to add links while writing in your note.
• Keep your notes in folders and subfolders, and sort them in the order you prefer.
• Use tags as a fast and flexible way to categorize and organize your notes. Add one or more tags by typing or handwriting them directly in the note - like #activities or #cooking.
• Automatically organize notes in a Smart Folder based on filters. Create rules to filter for Date Created, Checklists, Attachments, and more.
• Collaborate on entire shared folders or on specific shared notes.
• Mention friends to notify them of important updates and link them directly to a shared note.
• See what others added into a shared note while you were away with Activity view, a day-to-day list summary of activity from each collaborator.
Take notes anywhere
• Just swipe with an Apple Pencil or finger from the bottom right corner on any compatible iPad to start a Quick Note outside the app. You can also use Fn-Q (Globe-Q) on a keyboard, or create Quick Notes on iPhone from the share menu in an app.
• Add deep links from an app or website to a Quick Note to mark your place.
Certain features are available only in select languages and regions.
Ratings and Reviews
Notes can you please bring a feature to your app? when you pin a note on your iPhone if you have serious notes that you need to keep on top on the Notes app please bring us a serious button all the notes that are very serious that you need to be pinned in will stay in the top of the screen, and it won’t be shuffled. Do you have to look for it in the notes app and it will stay on the top and you can’t. It will be the first note and the second serious be able to access immediately and I iCloud and please bring a regular pen option for regular notes and please bring an option. We can edit your notes and move them around which one on top or bottom if you’re not serious note. you can shuffle them around but if it’s a serious note, I will always stand the top and it won’t move around and go on the bottom and have to find it inside the notes app. this is the best app on iPhone please make it more faster and more easier. and improve Face ID on every iPhone for the Notes app.
The problem with this app is that it is designed in a way that makes it almost inevitable that you will delete information. Recently while editing a note, I realized that I had recorded some data in the wrong note. I highlight the text so that I could cut or delete it but that option was not available. Among others I had the option of copying it but no simple delete was offered. So I had to manually starting from the end of the sentence hold down the backspace until the data was removed totally. But that is because it takes too long to hit it repeatedly and it proceeds much more quickly to hold it down. So it starts with one letter at a time and does this for several letters, then will delete words one at a time, but then very quickly if you continue holding it down it will delete your entire note. This all takes place within a span of a couple or three seconds. There is no time to react to it. Once the note is gone, there is no means to recover. I am told shaking the phone will undo your most recent action. But why not just place an option on the screen to undo? There is no security to protect the notes using save in which case changes could be discarded if you are not satisfied with them, or can continue in a state of edit. In short, not a single thing which could be done to protect your data is done to protect it. This app is among the very worst.
This is just pure awesomeness!
I love to come home, relax and write things down on my notes that I can’t tell others after a long day. Like my crushes, what I’m feeling like, anything. The app is my on the go diary. I tend to get on notes a lot, more than I think I should. Writing is one of my passions, and I also have been writing stories down on it as well. I don’t think that was the original purpose of the app, but it helps me out. I love the notes app so much, it’s like a fresh start. Sometimes, I do get carried away, and write too much. Right now, my app is struggling to stay open and even open in general. I’ve tried resetting my phone a few times but I’ll just keep trying. I love this app so very much, and I find it very useful. I also like to schedule my daily plans and/or last minute trips. I feel like this app is my getaway to a world of writing, I just wish the app would work for me. I believe it might be my fault, I’ve written so much on just one note, that it has trouble loading. I’d hate to delete the whole thing though. Maybe their should be an update for an option for pages? Other than that, I love the app! I don’t know how I could live without it!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apple Inc.