Google Assistant helps you get everyday tasks done more easily and is thoughtfully designed to offer help throughout your day while keeping your information private, safe and secure.
Set reminders, get quick answers, find directions with Google Maps, and more while on-the-go with the help of your Google Assistant.
With the Assistant app, you can:
- Send text messages (e.g. "Text Kat “I’m on my way”)
- Set reminders (e.g. "Remind me to buy a birthday gift for Sarah")
- Play music (e.g. "Play jazz music on YouTube")
- Navigate places (e.g. "Navigate to the nearest coffee shop")
- Weather information (e.g. "What’s the weather today")
- Learn more about your privacy controls (e.g., “Where can I change my privacy settings?”)
-Delete your recent Google Assistant activity (e.g., “Delete what I said this week”)
- Try four new kid-friendly voices for Google Assistant. We designed these voices alongside kids and parents to reflect a diverse range of accents and speaking styles. And like a favorite teacher, these voices speak in slower and more expressive styles to help with storytelling and aid comprehension.
- To choose a kid-friendly voice, your child can simply say “ Hey Google, change your voice!” Parents can also help their child navigate to Assistant settings, where they can select a new voice from the options available.
- Your child must have a Google Account and be voice matched to activate these new voices.
Ratings and Reviews
I love it so much more than Siri
For the user that wants it to tell your daily reminders or your whole week at once you can easily add it in your routines. It’s as easy as saying “good morning” and it tells your events for the day. It will send texts and play music and read you the news and tell you if there’s traffic on your normal commute all with one command “I’m up or Good morning”. You can even tell the app that you are on your way home and it will text whomever you have it set up to and or broadcast to the speakers in your house to let everyone know that you you are indeed leaving work. It is so much easier than telling Siri to text each person and telling her 4-5 times just to get “one task done”. Even dinner is ready and it broadcasts to the kids rooms or phones just set it up. This is A+++
Overall the app is great, but I live off of my lists. I wish you could customize them a little bit more. With the grocery list a lot of times the items fall under the incorrect category. Even when they are named correctly. Just a small thing but irritating when at the grocery store having to scroll through the list over and over again to make sure that I’m not leaving an area of the market just to find an item on my list as I get towards the end of my shopping. Would be nice if you could pull/rearrange The categories according to what you would like to see first. (Example: when I walk through my grocery store the order is; vegetables and fruit, bakery, meat, dry goods, cereals and breakfast, baking, snacks, dairy, frozen.) I personally would like it better if I could rearrange the categories according to my walk through the grocery store. It would just be less stopping and scrolling in the isles. And I wish it wouldn’t allow me to duplicate items. Sometimes you forget that you already added bananas to the list… We have an Alexa as well and she says that it’s already on the list and does not add any duplicates.
Again, I really do like the app it’s just personal preference from features that I appreciated from other apps and some feedback.
What went wrong.
I had an iPhone 6s and I used this app with my fossil watch and it worked great. I got my text messages and phones calls and reminders and all. But then something went wrong with this app. I did an update and then it stopped working. I was no longer getting my text messages. Everything else was working fine. So I removed the app and then downloaded it again hoping it would work and it did not not. So then I thought maybe it was my phone because it was an older iPhone and the app was updated maybe there were some changes and my phone just was not getting it due to being old. So I upgraded my I phone to an iPhone XS Max hoping it would work. Excited to get the app downloaded and updated and set up my watch to my new phone and nothing. Still no text messages. I was very disappointed. I just don’t understand what went wrong if it was working fine before. Please go back and check to see what you did a few updates ago that changed to not receiving text messages any more. With every update I have hope that I will get my text messages again and still nothing no text messages coming in. That is the only thing that is missing from this app update and I don’t know why or what happened to stop receiving text messages. Please bring back the text messages so I can use this app again with my I phone.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 206.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google, Inc.