Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
· Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
· Access managed resources published by your admin.Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
· Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures.
· Secure connection to your data and applications.
· Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Center.
· Audio and video streaming.
· Redirect your clipboard, and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdiosfbk.
It's time for another update! Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and worked with us to diagnose issues. In this version we addressed the following:
• Confirmation UI is now shown when deleting user accounts and gateways.
• The search UI in the Connection Center has been slightly reworked.
• The username hint (if it exists) is now shown in the credential prompt UI when launching from an RDP file or URI.
• Fixed an issue where the extended on-screen keyboard would extend underneath the iPhone notch.
• Fixed a bug where external keyboards would stop working if they were disconnected and reconnected.
• Added support for the ESC key on external keyboards.
• Fixed a bug where English characters were appearing when entering Chinese.
• Fixed a bug where some Chinese input would remain in the remote session after deletion.
• Fixed crashes that were showing up in error reporting.
We appreciate all your comments sent to us through the App Store, in-app feedback and email; and will continue focusing on making this app better with each release. If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Settings > Report an Issue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Bootcamp/ AirPort Extreme issues
I tried for hours and hours....
1. You cannot use Windows 10 Home, you need Pro. It cost me $99 to upgrade
2. Connected very easily INSIDE MY HOUSE and worked great.
3. If you want to connect to Windows from outside your network, this app does very little for you.
4. For internet remote connection you need to preform “Port Mapping” within your router. I had never heard of this. Lots of research is involved. It can be dangerous because it opens your PC to the world. There are ways to make it safe.
5. I followed 5 different websites and videos, step by step but AirPort Extreme does not follow the same steps.
6. I downloaded AirPort Utility for PC. This gave me access to the router, but port mapping just would not work. I tried a number of the things I researched but it always disconnected my internet and I had to reset the router.
7. I’m sure there are ways out there to do this, but after 6 hours I gave up.
8. I download TeamViewer for free. I had it running in less than 5 minutes. Seriously.
I spent $99 to upgrade my Windows 10- for nothing. Don’t make my mistake.
Surprisingly smooth and well thought out
Microsoft hasn’t been known in the past for smoothly interoperating with products from other software companies, but their Remote Desktop clients are an exception. Connections are smooth even over LTE and most of the Windows client features and options are available.
There are two input methods: a simple tap-based method which works well for UWP apps, and a cursor-based method that more or less uses your phone screen as a trackpad. The input method can be switched with two taps, and the keyboard can be shown with one tap.
The only thing I would like to see is a way to access certain keyboard keys that aren’t present on iOS, such as arrow keys. You can open the On-screen Keyboard in Windows, but a virtual keyboard being clicked by a virtual mouse being controlled by a touchscreen becomes pretty laborious to get anything done with.
Gets better with every update but still no Touch ID
Microsoft's Remote Desktop Client for iPad has always been a solid (and free) app that made it easy to connect to windows machines.
The App had some issues in the beginning but with every update Microsoft has really improved the App and added some neat features. The App is so good now it works nearly flawlessly. The latest release has a great new my Desktop page, and is very responsive to inputs.
I would give the app five stars if it weren't for the lack of Touch ID security (it’s very surprising and annoying that this app doesn’t have any security feature to launch it). It’s also limited to Windows machines. Adding Touch ID and the ability to remotely connect to Macs on my network would make this the best Remote Desktop app on the market.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 48.2 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.