Reminders makes it easier than ever to remember the things you need to do. You can use it for all of life's to-dos, including grocery lists, projects at work, or anything else you want to track. And with iCloud, it's easy to keep all your devices in sync, so you’ll always have your reminders with you.
Fast and easy to use
• Use Siri to create reminders with your voice.
• Tap the quick toolbar to easily add alerts for dates, times, and locations, or add a flag or attachment to your reminder.
• Complete, tag, flag, or change the date and time for several reminders at once.
• Use powerful keyboard shortcuts to speed up your workflow.
• Add a widget to your Home Screen on iOS and iPadOS, or Notification Center on macOS, to view reminders lists.
• Organize your reminders with tags to make them easy to find.
• The Tag Browser lets you tap any tag, or combination of tags, to quickly view tagged reminders.
• Smart Lists - Today, Scheduled, Flagged, All, and Assigned to Me - automatically organize and display upcoming reminders.
• Custom Smart Lists automatically include reminders that matter most to you by gathering to-dos based on tags, dates, times, locations, flags, and priority.
• Sort reminders by title, priority, due date, or creation date. Or manually move reminders up and down within any list so they are in the order you prefer.
• Use subtasks to add additional detailed tasks to a reminder.
Be reminded when and how you want
• Set reminders to repeatedly remind you daily, weekly or at custom intervals.
• Trigger reminders by specific locations, for example when you arrive at home or work, or when you get in your car.
• Tag people in a reminder to get a reminder the next time you chat with them in Messages.
Collaborate with others
• Share and collaborate on a list of reminders - everyone with access to the shared list will be able to add or complete reminders.
• Assign reminders to people with whom you share lists.
• Get smart suggestions that you can add with a tap based on reminders you’ve created in the past for dates, tags, flags, priority, locations, and people you message.
• When corresponding with someone in Mail or Messages, Siri recognizes possible reminders and makes suggestions for you to create them.
• Improved natural language support allows you to type more advanced phrases to create reminder settings. Try something like “Jog every other morning” for a specific, recurring reminder.
Reminders for Apple Watch
• Get notified and mark reminders as complete right from your wrist and automatically sync across your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with iCloud.
• View reminders and create new ones directly on your Apple Watch.
Certain features are available only in select languages and regions.
Ratings and Reviews
Hate the update!!
I used to love this app. I use it for everything, from work reminders, shopping list to all sorts of things. I love that you can set a timer on it to remind you on a specific date and a specific time. This thing saves my life. However the most recent update (4/22) is not so awesome. When you check off an item it hesitates before it removes it. I can see the benefit of this (giving you the opportunity to undo something you did before it disappears) but sometimes I then click it again to make sure it is selected which then deselects it and the hesitation is such that it makes it difficult to get that completed, me selecting it and unselecting it and so until I just wait until it disappears. I also don’t like that I can’t check off an item from the lock screen. Before, the reminder would come up and show as a banner and I could mark it as completed right there on the lock screen. But now all I can do is silence it and then I have to go into the app to check it as complete. This is annoying. It’s an extra step that I shouldn’t have to do. I wish they’d bring that piece back. Otherwise it’s a great app and I use it a lot.
Also, i used to be able to snooze a reminder…have it come up the next day. That seems gone too. Super annoying to have to go in the app and reset it when it used to be an easy button tap on lock screen.
Please fix these changes
My functionality dream
The IOS15 updates are great. My life would be a disaster without task lists and reminders to keep track of things for me. So every improvement made to this app is appreciated. As a native app, I still expect more integration with other natives apps (calendar). No doubt this has been suggested or requested before, but it would be very helpful to have the option to schedule a reminder as a task to be completed at a certain time and have it show up on the calendar. Perhaps even drag-and-drop from the Reminders app to the Calendar app. Right now I’m using the split-screen option to view both Reminders and Calendar simultaneously so that I can schedule the things I need to do for the next day or week. It’s a bit clunky, but it works. Any chance there will be future development to make that smoother? Another functionality dream would be to be able to link to or embed a Reminders list in the notes of a Calendar scheduled event. Thanks for your work past and future.
They fixed it!-15.3
I’ll leave my old review here for context, they added the ability to complete tasks from notification screen again and it’s much better. Swiping from the left still only allows for muting options which I still don’t care about, but if you hold down on the task it gives you the option to complete. Maybe I just missed this function earlier idk. They no longer say time sensitive which is great. Clicking on the reminder still takes me to the list it comes from, rather than my today list. Would love a settings option to change this. I am honestly avoiding updating my phone now though from looking at other reviews —-Old review: Currently trying to uninstall IOS 15. I think that anything in reminders should automatically be time sensitive. I have ADHD and this app is one of the major ways I manage daily tasks. I used to be able to complete tasks from notifications screen by swiping to the left. Now it’s just managing muting (not useful for me) and time sensitivity (useless in general). Also now they all say time sensitive on them which is super overwhelming. Also when I click on the reminder it takes me to the specific list it comes from rather than to my today page. My phone just updated last night and this is the first time I’ve regretted and IOS update.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple Inc.