Reminders makes it easier than ever to remember the things you need to do. You can use it for all of life's to-dos, including grocery lists, projects at work, or anything else you want to track. And with iCloud, it's easy to keep all your devices in sync, so you’ll always have your reminders with you.
Fast and easy to use
• Use Siri to create reminders with your voice.
• Complete, tag, flag, or change the date and time for several reminders at once.
• Use powerful keyboard shortcuts to speed up your workflow.
• Add a widget to your Home Screen on iOS and iPadOS, or Notification Center on macOS, to view and complete reminders.
• Make shopping easier with grocery lists that automatically group related items into sections like dairy and produce.
• Smart Lists - Today, Scheduled, Flagged, All, and Assigned to Me, and Completed - automatically organize and display upcoming reminders.
• Organize your reminders with tags to make them easy to find.
• Custom Smart Lists automatically include reminders that matter most to you by gathering to-dos based on tags, dates, times, locations, flags, and priority.
• Sort reminders by title, priority, due date, or creation date. Or manually move reminders up and down within any list so they are in the order you prefer.
• Use subtasks to add additional detailed tasks to a reminder.
• Organize reminders within a list by creating section headers; try viewing sections in column view to arrange them across your screen. It’s a powerful way to visualize tasks, or even make simple kanban boards.
• Save a list as a template to reuse it for routines, packing lists, and more. Share templates with others via a link, or download templates that others have shared.
Be reminded when and how you want
• Set reminders to repeatedly remind you daily, weekly or at custom intervals.
• Trigger reminders by specific locations, for example when you arrive at home or work, or when you get in your car.
• Tag people in a reminder to get a reminder the next time you chat with them in Messages.
Collaborate with others
• Share and collaborate on a list of reminders - everyone with access to the shared list will be able to add or complete reminders.
• Assign reminders to people with whom you share lists.
• Get smart suggestions that you can add with a tap based on reminders you’ve created in the past.
• Natural language support allows you to type phrases to create reminder settings. Try something like “Jog every other morning” for a specific, recurring reminder.
Reminders for Apple Watch
• Get notified and mark reminders as complete right from your wrist and automatically sync across your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with iCloud.
• View reminders and create new ones directly on your Apple Watch.
Certain features are available only in select languages and regions.
Ratings and Reviews
No hourly reminders?
**UPDATE — drag & drop gui for rearranging/recategorizing reminders is very nice 👌🏻 END UPDATE** Found reference in articles online as recent as April 2022 to an option for hourly recurring reminders but cannot find it myself in the app as of this review. This would be great to have, am currently figuring on what the best way to accomplish this will be & it’s a bummer that I’ll probably need to find some additional app to use. I wouldn’t limit such feature to hourly (as in every 1 hour) either, no reason # of hours shouldn’t be user selectable in the same way # of days is, unless there is some performance/overhead consideration. Reminders app is very useful & nicely designed overall, it does everything needed except more-frequently-than-daily reminders with minimal if any pain points in the interface. It’s an app that I use every day & helps a lot with overall organization if I make the effort to notate things consistently as they come up. I like it for keeping track of long term recurring subscription, free trial period end dates, bills that aren’t on autopay, miscellaneous tasks throughout the day that are easy to put off and forget, and so on. A shortcut to bring up the time selector directly for today reminders would be an appreciated addition 👍🏻 it’s something I do fairly often for those same-day forgetmenots & would be nice to reduce the number of taps needed to do it.
They fixed it!-15.3
I’ll leave my old review here for context, they added the ability to complete tasks from notification screen again and it’s much better. Swiping from the left still only allows for muting options which I still don’t care about, but if you hold down on the task it gives you the option to complete. Maybe I just missed this function earlier idk. They no longer say time sensitive which is great. Clicking on the reminder still takes me to the list it comes from, rather than my today list. Would love a settings option to change this. I am honestly avoiding updating my phone now though from looking at other reviews —-Old review: Currently trying to uninstall IOS 15. I think that anything in reminders should automatically be time sensitive. I have ADHD and this app is one of the major ways I manage daily tasks. I used to be able to complete tasks from notifications screen by swiping to the left. Now it’s just managing muting (not useful for me) and time sensitivity (useless in general). Also now they all say time sensitive on them which is super overwhelming. Also when I click on the reminder it takes me to the specific list it comes from rather than to my today page. My phone just updated last night and this is the first time I’ve regretted and IOS update.
Hate the update!!
I used to love this app. I use it for everything, from work reminders, shopping list to all sorts of things. I love that you can set a timer on it to remind you on a specific date and a specific time. This thing saves my life. However the most recent update (4/22) is not so awesome. When you check off an item it hesitates before it removes it. I can see the benefit of this (giving you the opportunity to undo something you did before it disappears) but sometimes I then click it again to make sure it is selected which then deselects it and the hesitation is such that it makes it difficult to get that completed, me selecting it and unselecting it and so until I just wait until it disappears. I also don’t like that I can’t check off an item from the lock screen. Before, the reminder would come up and show as a banner and I could mark it as completed right there on the lock screen. But now all I can do is silence it and then I have to go into the app to check it as complete. This is annoying. It’s an extra step that I shouldn’t have to do. I wish they’d bring that piece back. Otherwise it’s a great app and I use it a lot.
Also, i used to be able to snooze a reminder…have it come up the next day. That seems gone too. Super annoying to have to go in the app and reset it when it used to be an easy button tap on lock screen.
Please fix these changes
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apple Inc.