Stocks makes it easy to follow your stocks and the market. View quotes and daily performance in a customizable watchlist, and tap any ticker to see an interactive chart and key details. Stocks also includes business news from top publications around the world.
Top Stories, Apple News, and Apple News+ are available in the US, UK, Australia, and Canada.
• Customize your watchlist with stocks, indexes, mutual funds, ETFs, currencies, and more.
• View price quotes and tap to toggle between price change, percentage change, and market capitalization.
• Color-coded sparklines let you easily track stock performance throughout the day.
Charts and details
• Tap any ticker in your watchlist to see price charts for day, week, month, and multi-month periods.
• Touch the chart with one finger to see the price at a specific date or time, or touch with two fingers to view price change over time.
• View key details including after-hours price, trading volume, EPS, and more.
• Read Top Stories selected by Apple News editors for the latest news driving the market.*
• Read and watch stories about the companies you follow, from a select group of top-rated business publications, selected using the same machine learning as Apple News.*
• Apple News+ subscribers see Apple News+ stories right in Stocks.*
• Browse headlines and read beautifully formatted stories that look great on iPhone and iPad.
More ways to view Stocks
• Use the Stocks app on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
• Add a Stocks widget to your Home Screen on iOS and iPadOS, or Notification Center on macOS, to see price quotes at a glance.
• With iCloud you can view your watchlist, market data, and business news in Stocks on all your devices.
• Ask Siri questions such as “How is the Nikkei doing?” or “What is Apple’s P/E ratio?”.
* Top Stories and Apple News stories are available in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia; news stories in other countries are provided by Yahoo.
Ratings and Reviews
Weirdly limited data view
Holding the phone vertically gives a view of price over the selected time period but the necessary 12 data points (high, current, low daily price - volume etc - yield, beta, EPS) display as 3 deep and 4 rows across. But you can’t see these data points along with the price chart at a glance.
It seems to be a no-brained to adjust the display to 6 deep and 2 rows across so one can view data and price vs time chart in one glance.
Also the automatic jumping through the list of stocks (maybe on price update) meaning you have to hunt, scroll to your stock of interest, a problem that so many others pointed out, is time waisted.
Fix this please.
For an example a low battery notification will pop up and it will kick me out of the article i was reading. Also, when i’m scrolling the thing will jump the direction i’m scrolling and that’s really annoying. The most annoying part is when it kicks me out. I have to find the article all over again and it takes me forever.
Can you fix this? I can see people complaining about this too.
Functionality Deteriorated to Merely Quotes
The news portion of Apple Stock app has completely DISCONNECTED from the News app - i.e. Stock app doesn't know what periodicals I am subscribed to, and any saved or viewed news articles in the Stock app are not reflected in the Stock app - i.e. there is no way to save (or see history of) business news articles that I read in the Stock app. Also, doesn’t sync with other devices.
There are plenty of stock quote apps. There are plenty of news apps. The value proposition of Apple News app and Apple Stock app was to have integrated consumption and viewing across all Apple devices. At one time, I looked forward to buying a new iPad or computer, but why be confronted with such a glaring omission, misfire, and headache on a daily basis?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.