With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience a rich Windows experience with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
Windows Professional and Windows Server editions are supported. To view the full list of supported Windows versions and successfully connect to a Windows PC, read the FAQ at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473015.aspx
Don't know how to configure your PC to access it remotely? Download the RDP assistant on your Windows PC and let it do the work for you: https://aka.ms/rdassistant
* Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
* Rich multi-touch experience that supports Windows gestures and RemoteFX
* Secure connection to your data and applications
* Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
* Seamless audio and video streaming
* Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
Have a question? Post it at http://aka.ms/rd-clients-forum
Have an idea? Add to our feature suggestion box in the app (Settings -> Recommend New Features)"
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Bootcamp/ AirPort Extreme issues
I tried for hours and hours....
1. You cannot use Windows 10 Home, you need Pro. It cost me $99 to upgrade
2. Connected very easily INSIDE MY HOUSE and worked great.
3. If you want to connect to Windows from outside your network, this app does very little for you.
4. For internet remote connection you need to preform “Port Mapping” within your router. I had never heard of this. Lots of research is involved. It can be dangerous because it opens your PC to the world. There are ways to make it safe.
5. I followed 5 different websites and videos, step by step but AirPort Extreme does not follow the same steps.
6. I downloaded AirPort Utility for PC. This gave me access to the router, but port mapping just would not work. I tried a number of the things I researched but it always disconnected my internet and I had to reset the router.
7. I’m sure there are ways out there to do this, but after 6 hours I gave up.
8. I download TeamViewer for free. I had it running in less than 5 minutes. Seriously.
I spent $99 to upgrade my Windows 10- for nothing. Don’t make my mistake.
Surprisingly smooth and well thought out
Microsoft hasn’t been known in the past for smoothly interoperating with products from other software companies, but their Remote Desktop clients are an exception. Connections are smooth even over LTE and most of the Windows client features and options are available.
There are two input methods: a simple tap-based method which works well for UWP apps, and a cursor-based method that more or less uses your phone screen as a trackpad. The input method can be switched with two taps, and the keyboard can be shown with one tap.
The only thing I would like to see is a way to access certain keyboard keys that aren’t present on iOS, such as arrow keys. You can open the On-screen Keyboard in Windows, but a virtual keyboard being clicked by a virtual mouse being controlled by a touchscreen becomes pretty laborious to get anything done with.
Gets better with every update but still no Touch ID
Microsoft's Remote Desktop Client for iPad has always been a solid (and free) app that made it easy to connect to windows machines.
The App had some issues in the beginning but with every update Microsoft has really improved the App and added some neat features. The App is so good now it works nearly flawlessly. The latest release has a great new my Desktop page, and is very responsive to inputs.
I would give the app five stars if it weren't for the lack of Touch ID security (it’s very surprising and annoying that this app doesn’t have any security feature to launch it). It’s also limited to Windows machines. Adding Touch ID and the ability to remotely connect to Macs on my network would make this the best Remote Desktop app on the market.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 29.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.